Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Slot.it release in North America today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audi R18 and Lola guides

Are there any plans for Slot It to make a wood guide version (CH07) of the guide that fits in the Audi R18 and Lola LMP cars (CH73)?

Thanks,
    Marty
    Austin Slot Car Club

Comment

Ready and available in 15 days.

CH83 screw type pickup for plastic tracks

CH84 screw type pickup for wood tracks

Comment

Available in the States in 15 days?

Maurizio,

Thanks for such a quick reply. I have a modern LMP series race coming up shortly and wanted to know if this guide (CH84) will be at the US retailers in 15 days or is that when they are coming out of production?

Thanks,
        Marty
        Austin Slot Car Club

Comment

Marty, It will be made available to distributors early in January, then we'll start shipping.

Regards
          Maurizio

Comment

I have a question, if the front of the body supposed to the "floating" on the chassis and creating some sort of gap as in the picture? if not, can I get some assistance on how to eliminate it?
            its almost as if the corners of the chassis are warped or hanging?

Also, what motor is this yellow one that is installed in these cars; It is just yellow with not markings - new model?
            Last edited by Profoxcg; 12-21-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

The motor is SIMN09ch, not yet released as a separate part.

Comment

I just wanted to update everyone on my chassis issues.
                I took the entire car apart and put the pod and chassis on the setup board. The chassis was a little tweaked and so was the pod. Once I when through the slot.it method for straightening chassis, everything now lines up perfectly. I am glad I did this, as I know now this car will be perfect.

I would like to know if 132slotcars carries the doors for this car... (replacement parts)

Comment

Profoxcg glad to hear you're settling in with your R18. I recently raced against this car in our OVRL series and right out of the box the car ran great with Super Tires and a little weight on a King Track. It impressed me enough to know that I will add one to my collection.

Comment

yes i'm liking it although I have not driven it yet more than 3 laps. I wonder how this new motor compared to the Flat 6 or type R. I have good experience with those and I am considering selling this motor.

One of things i did was remove the chrome decals from the car and I am paining over the doors. I think tampo is the way to go with the chrome, and it can be silver. In my opinion it doesn't have to be chrome. I personally do not like chrome. I just need to some replacement doors from a "white kit"

Comment

Question of detail

The front chassis detail on the Slot.it Audi is fairly light weight, and I do not think it is a separate piece, this fine detail makes it difficult to inject completely flat, but as mentioned above it is possible to straighten.
                      Not sure if the doors will be offered as a replacement part, it seem unlikely but Maurizio is probably a better person to answer that than I.
                      So did the gap at the front dissapear once you straightened the chassis? If so can you photograph.
                      Alan Smith
                      SCI Owner.
                      www.scaleracing.com
                      www.slotcarillustrated.com
                      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Yes it did. Ill post in a few min. I am trying to find out more info about this yellow motor / compared to the current and new Flat 6

Comment

Slot.it motor discussed in this thread.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...t+yellow+motor

Hope that helps.
                          Alan Smith
                          SCI Owner.
                          www.scaleracing.com
                          www.slotcarillustrated.com
                          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

After:

Decals removed - ready for replacement or paint (haven't decided yet)
                            I think I am going to leave it as is for now. Looks clean. (I don't care if it not 100% true at this point, none of these cars are)

Last edited by Profoxcg; 12-23-2012, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I mentioned in another thread that you can use Bare Metal Foil's Chrome to replace the faulty decal. It will look a ton better than paint.

Comment

Great tip on Bare Metal Foil thanks.

What happened to your doors Cesar, I thought it was only in "The Italian Job" they blew the bloody doors off

Yes this is Alan on the Store PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X