X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyler
    started a topic Slot.it Evo 6 chassis question

Slot.it Evo 6 chassis question

This is probably going to seem like a really dumb question to you guys. Is slot.it's Evo 6 chassis capable of being set up in any configuration ( inline, sidewinder, or anglewinder) by using the right motor pod? Thanks.

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    I am enlightened ... educated, even.

Kind of like that old TV Show, "You Asked For It".

Directly from Wikipedia:

A chassis (pron.: /ˈʃsi/ or /ˈsi/; plural: "chassis") consists of an internal framework that supports a man-made object in its construction and use.

You can have a chassis or a fleet of chassis. Spelling is the same.
    Thanks, you old oracle.

Interesting point you make about the potential (or lack of it) for full utilization of the Evo6 pod features in the different configurations.

Leave a comment:

• fl_slotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
    The Evo chassis (what's the plural of chassis, anyway)

Wet Coast,

Kind of like that old TV Show, "You Asked For It".

Directly from Wikipedia:

A chassis (pron.: /ˈʃsi/ or /ˈsi/; plural: "chassis") consists of an internal framework that supports a man-made object in its construction and use.

You can have a chassis or a fleet of chassis. Spelling is the same.

On the subject of EVO6 chassis. If you are using the EVO6 in an inline mode, there is essentially no benefit. None of the current Slot.It Motor Pods have the outriggers to use this feature.

The sidewinder motor pod as used in the #8 Ford GT40 and the Alfa T33/3 "MotoRadio" both have the motor pod that uses the outriggers.

I have yet to have seen any of the current crop of anglewinder motor pods that do not make use of the outrigger assemblies.

Leave a comment:

• skyler
    replied
    Slot.it downloads

Skyler, you might find this information from the Slot.it site (link at top of this Forum) useful, as well as some of their other Downloads.
    Wow WCR! Thanks for those links. What awesome info for a needy person like me.

Leave a comment:

• boopiejones
    replied
    How come? It works awfully well as a sidewinder.
    it was for my slop proxy car. i bought the smallest size supertires, which when mounted to the wheels were not tall enough to allow a sidewinder spur gear.

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    i was i was able to run an inline pod in a 312pb by using a small crown gear (24 tooth) and slightly shaving the rear body mount with a dremel.
    How come? It works awfully well as a sidewinder.

Leave a comment:

• boopiejones
    replied
    inline doesn't fit the ferrari 312pb or the alpha 33/3 without modification. the rear body mount is too close to the rear axle. i just checked my chappy and GT40 and it looks like there is enough room for inline. i know all the group C cars and more modern lemans cars have enough room for inline.

i was i was able to run an inline pod in a 312pb by using a small crown gear (24 tooth) and slightly shaving the rear body mount with a dremel.

Leave a comment:

• Slot_it_Bob
    replied
    For example the inline would not fit in the Chappy

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Skyler, you might find this information from the Slot.it site (link at top of this Forum) useful, as well as some of their other Downloads.

Leave a comment:

• skyler
    replied
    Evo 6 chassis

Thanks for your help guys!

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Why would answer be no on some cars. The body is too low in that area?
    Yeah, essentially that's the issue. The Evo chassis (what's the plural of chassis, anyway) can all be set up in any of the three configurations, so far as I'm aware.

With the Group C cars, I would also speculate that any of the configurations ought to fit, at least with an S-can or Flat motor. Long can might be more of a challenge, could have you hacking away at the interior to make things actually fit.

Leave a comment:

• skyler
    replied
    Originally posted by 132slotcar.us View Post
    Yes but.
    What car do you have?
    'cause with some cars the answer is no.
    Toyota 88C, Lancia LC2, Jag XJR9 LM. Why would answer be no on some cars. The body istoo low in that area?

Leave a comment:

• 132slotcar.us
    replied
    Yes but.
    What car do you have?
    'cause with some cars the answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Fries
    replied
    yes

Leave a comment:

Working...