Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Up Coming R18 e-Tron ...

Hey Slot.it Guys ...
    By now you have finished last years e-Tron, and are getting ready to unleash them on us slotcarsluts

I'm in line for one (or maybe both) ...

But before you pack away your e-Tron tooling ...

Take a look at what it would take to crank out the "LH" (Long Tail) version that is running today ...

The long tail e-Tron ... is not a bad looking Batmobile !

Yes - it is likely that the long tail LM 2013 will be the first E-Tron to be made.

Comment

That will be way cool !

And now, it becomes one of the "Le Mans Winners" series !

BUT ... I really wish we would do the Audi that started it all... the R8 LMP.

Thanks to VW being stoopid, I have to call the Prototype car , the "LMP" so not to confuse it with the street car (which they should'a called the RS 8 ...)

But anyway. Of the killer Audi's the R8 LMP is the coolest. And in "Team Veloqx" (Silver, w/ purple trim) ... its the prettiest

Comment

Originally posted by slot.it View Post
        Yes - it is likely that the long tail LM 2013 will be the first E-Tron to be made.
        Nice ... but don't forget that this year series regulations meant no louvres over the tires, just open space. Also a new ridge on the inside because of that. Hope that doesn't weaken the side of the car around the wheel wells.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayRGu__yLKg"]Audi 24 Hours of Le Mans 2013 - Pre-start - Pit stops - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Don't hit the walls so much John and everything will be fine.
          Dan

Comment

ouch

please pardon the double entendre.......

Comment

Originally posted by dansula View Post
              ouch

please pardon the double entendre.......
              From Wikipedia...

A double entendre is a figure of speech in which a spoken phrase is devised to be understood in either of two ways. Typically one of the interpretations is rather obvious whereas the other is more subtle. The more subtle of the interpretations is typically sexually suggestive. It may also convey a message that would be socially awkward, or even offensive, to state directly. (The Oxford English Dictionary describes a double entendre as being used to "convey an indelicate meaning".)
              A double entendre may exploit puns to convey the second meaning. Double entendres generally rely on multiple meanings of words, or different interpretations of the same primary meaning. They often exploit ambiguity and may be used to introduce it deliberately in a text. Sometimes a homophone (i.e. another word with the same pronunciation) can be used as a pun as well as a "double entendre" of the subject.

Comment

No louvers on the new car? Yeah, not sure about the function of the louvers... Think they were downforce related . High downforce had a long row of louvers, but low downfoce configs, seemed pretty much louver less ?

Now, there is just a hole ? Looks funky.

Normally I'm all for "prototypical accuracy", but here , I think I can get by without a hole...

Slot.it can provide a black decal, to place on the fender to simulate the hole (and looking down on the tire !

But on the serious tip... It would be nice to get a wheel/tire combination, that did a better job of filling up the front wheel well on the R 18 models

I had not really looked at the louver treatment on the 2011 winning car... Not sure on how "accurate" they are, but they look cool.

And from looking at them ...Folks wanting the "no louver" open hole 2013 look, can whack 'em with an exacto knife !

Hey !!!
                Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 06-29-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Sometimes a homophone (i.e. another word with the same pronunciation) can be used as a pun as well as a "double entendre" of the subject.
                  I know Daniel, and I don't think he's a homophone; he just prefers women.

Of course, he did spend a long time as a submariner ...

Comment

John Wayne

Ok y'all lets hit the beach

naughty beach naughty beach naughty beach

and some fell on stony ground.

twas a pun on ouch and pain with no sexual connotations

Comment

Um - was this the one with the belt-drive 4wd system?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Hi.

Both the 2012 and 2013 versions had no louvers on the wheels, and this is how we're going to make them.
                        Actually, this car is driving us crazy - there are differences between the 2012 and 2013 versions that we're trying to include in the moulds, but that's not easy, plus there's the darn chrome on the roof!
                        Ah, and it has to be 4WD but at this point this seems to be the easiest thing.
                        I confirm we're working on the long tail and the 2012 short tail.
                        For your amusement (not so much for ours )
                        http://sportycy.blogspot.it/2013/03/...udi-r18-e.html
                        But wait: the cars that raced in LM are actually still different....

Well, we could have taken a R18 and painted it white red and gray and spoof an E-tron. Have I seen this before?

Anyway I can confirm the following:
                        1 - it will be 4WD, with an innovative clutched and belt driven system. I don't think it's ever been used on a slot car before. Other than that, Flat 6 AW, and improved LMP type pickup and chassis pickup area.

2 - The chassis has already been changed and is entering production in the next R18, CA24b, n.1 LM 2011. Changes include:
                        a - repositioning of the front wheels position (higher): this greatly improves the looks (the CA24b's new stance is fantastic IMO) and handling of the box stock car, and is also necessary for proper 4WD run.
                        b - improvement of the pickup area, leaving more space for the cable
                        c - completely new, redesigned pickup, screw mounted, compatible with standard braids. Cable and braids are pressed together by the flat end side of a M2 grub screw.

3 - 2013 long tail winner, 2012 winner, and other, will have body variations to match the real body, as much as possible.

Comment

3 - 2013 long tail winner, 2012 winner, and other, will have body variations to match the real body, as much as possible.

and those aren't subtle differences either!

Comment

WOW.!! where's my magnifier-glass?? Great job, Slot.it ..

Comment

I appreciate your attention to scale, and detail !!!

Whoa ...

I started out an Audi R18 "hater" (don't actually hate it... It just looked so bizarre) ....

But the durn thing wins races ...

And the Slot.it model , not only blesses us with Slot.it mechanicals, is a excellent attempt at scale accuracy and a good lookin model (I'm digin on the clean rear deck!)

So like the Porsche 956/ 962's before them (my Fav Group C) ... I'll have to buy this durn R18 ... in bunches !

Comment

Working...
                              X