An Update to Slot.it Tooling ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Update to Slot.it Tooling ?

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands , and it has been a long (but needed!) 4th weekend ...

But I want to re-visit a "rant" I posted regarding Slot.it Lancia LC-85 model. These are beautiful cars, I have 'em, and will likely buy future releases.

But I spotted something that perhaps due to perception (I have never seen the real thing), I thought was off about the model. The roof line on the LC-85 model, is raked a bit too much back. What I mean, is that the windshield needs to be more "up-right". The windhield angle, less severe (less sloped) to produce a more "peaked" roofline.

I think this would make the model, more accurate to prototype. Maurizio responded very graciously to my rant ... and said it would require a change to the tooling.

He did not tell me I was all wet, and goofy (maybe he was just being nice ?) But with new models on the drawing board, It would be nice to get this "fix"
    Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 07-08-2013, 02:38 PM.

I'd rather they continue with new releases as
    opposed to re-tooling an existing model…..

In these economic times it makes sense, to me,
    for them work on releasing new product…and
    save re-tooling for better economic times.

Comment

I agree --I'd rather see the $$$ (or Euros..) put into new tooling -new cars (or rather, new slot models of 'old' cars!!!)

If viewing the Lancia bothers all that much, just pretend that your bought an NSR Lancia instead and you have nothing to complain about!!!!

Steve

Comment

I can't imagine them retooling a car unless they had made a gross and obvious error. And meanwhile, they're constantly improving the mechanical aspects of their cars, which is another reason why I like Slot.it so much.

Lots more Group C cars that they could be investing in though!

Comment

Originally posted by Alcopa View Post

If viewing the Lancia bothers all that much, just pretend that your bought an NSR Lancia instead and you have nothing to complain about!!!!

Steve
          Now that's funny !

All fairness to NSR, I did buy their Audi R8 (that really chafes me ) LMR. That is a car that benefits from NSR's scale "biases".

Not to mention they put a hell of a chassis under it ...

Comment

Woohoo Group C! More Porsches Baby! We have only started to see the tip of the ice burg..

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
            I can't imagine them retooling a car unless they had made a gross and obvious error. And meanwhile, they're constantly improving the mechanical aspects of their cars, which is another reason why I like Slot.it so much.

Lots more Group C cars that they could be investing in though!

Comment

And remember, we're only still dealing with the 'early life' 956's and 962's --and just starting IMSA runners --lots and lots of rear end treatments and trick aero get-ups to go!!! Hang on to your wallets!!!!

Steve

Joest Porsche NewMan #12
              Slot.it Shootout 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Alcopa View Post
                I agree --I'd rather see the $$$ (or Euros..) put into new tooling -new cars (or rather, new slot models of 'old' cars!!!)

Steve
                All the agruements for spending the $$$ on new models do make sense, BUT The incredibly funny "NSR" comment , may actually be the most compelling reason for Slot.it to actually tweak the Lancia LC2-85 tooling ...

In that Slot.it has committed to making LC2-85 models ... They should be made to the usual Slot.it high standards. The LC2- 85 is a rather hot lookin' Group C car, so it should look its best (and not be mistaken for an NSR !!!)
                Last edited by ModelTrainGuy; 07-13-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X