took a risk while on vacation...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took a risk while on vacation...

...and bought me my first slot.it "rtr"! the car i bought was the mazda 787b renown number 202. during unboxing i found the option rear fin pre painted, which eventually found its way to the back of the car (i dont need a weak presentation fin for a racer!), as well as a spare chassis . the only difference i see is instead of having the 5th and 6th motor pod screw points (for the anglewinder pods, like whats on the 911 gt1s), it has the exhaust details. interesting, giving options between tuning or shelf queen. not bad.

my only complaints come with some of the decals.on the front corners, above the splitter, there is what i think to be a brembo break decal... but it is quite nearly un readable. also, on the lower bodyworks on the side of the car, there is a typo on the "volk racing/rays engineering" decal. it has printed volk rrcing, and what should be an "a" is quite distinctly an "r" on both sides

so thats two notes againts slot.it, one for. what ever shall i do? drive it!

this vehicle FLIES. current record from my slot.it porsche is a 3.3 second lap (track changed a few months ago, will be making it alot longer soon). this mazda was able to set a 3.5 second lap, with the only tuning being loosening of the rear body mount screw. not even trued tires yet.

so this is a great little car, for a racer it is great, not quite a shelf queen but i didnt buy it for that purpose. i wanted a group-c car anyways, and this pre painted rtr cost me less then ordering the mazda white kit online, so it was well worth it. future plans include magnetic suspension, lexan interior, and some adjustment of front axle height (wheels too high, the car has to lean to far, i have had best results when my cars front tires are just skimming the track). maybe an experimental sidewinder conversion, but i doubt anything extreme. this is a good car. now i need to get back to work on my porsche, as its getting a run for its money!

now if only slot.it made more of those imsa racers, id have a huge collection (and parts pile), wink wink nudge nudge

Originally posted by Rallymaster View Post

my only complaints come with some of the decals.on the front corners, above the splitter, there is what i think to be a brembo break decal... but it is quite nearly un readable. also, on the lower bodyworks on the side of the car, there is a typo on the "volk racing/rays engineering" decal. it has printed volk rrcing, and what should be an "a" is quite distinctly an "r" on both sides.
    The lack of clarity and typos could be an attempt to avoid copyright/trademark infringements if they don't have permission to use the logos.

Speaking of typos, should that be "brembo brake decal"?

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Lane View Post
      The lack of clarity and typos could be an attempt to avoid copyright/trademark infringements if they don't have permission to use the logos.

Speaking of typos, should that be "brembo brake decal"?
      very good point and yes, my bad

Comment

I think the general consensus regarding Slot.It products is there is very little risk involved. The performance at the price point, the flexibility of optional configurations, the fit and finish (despite the error you observed and the other ones discussed on the forum), the adherence to scale proportions, and the performance consistency of their offerings are outstanding.

For me, there is no risk, only a wallet which never seems to be full enough...

Chris

PS - And I forgot to mention the seemingly ridiculous level of customer support and responsiveness directly from the Boss consistently demonstrated on the forum. WOW!

Comment

Slot.it a risk?

You can never go wrong with a Slot.it.

Comment

ditto . try one of the hrs/II chassis under your favorite "other brand" body and breath new life into it . just sayin` . . . .

jer

Comment

Originally posted by Rallymaster View Post
              ...and bought me my first slot.it "rtr"! the car i bought was the mazda 787b renown number 202. during unboxing i found the option rear fin pre painted, which eventually found its way to the back of the car (i dont need a weak presentation fin for a racer!), as well as a spare chassis . the only difference i see is instead of having the 5th and 6th motor pod screw points (for the anglewinder pods, like whats on the 911 gt1s), it has the exhaust details. interesting, giving options between tuning or shelf queen. not bad.

my only complaints come with some of the decals.on the front corners, above the splitter, there is what i think to be a brembo break decal... but it is quite nearly un readable. also, on the lower bodyworks on the side of the car, there is a typo on the "volk racing/rays engineering" decal. it has printed volk rrcing, and what should be an "a" is quite distinctly an "r" on both sides

so thats two notes againts slot.it, one for. what ever shall i do? drive it!

this vehicle FLIES. current record from my slot.it porsche is a 3.3 second lap (track changed a few months ago, will be making it alot longer soon). this mazda was able to set a 3.5 second lap, with the only tuning being loosening of the rear body mount screw. not even trued tires yet.

so this is a great little car, for a racer it is great, not quite a shelf queen but i didnt buy it for that purpose. i wanted a group-c car anyways, and this pre painted rtr cost me less then ordering the mazda white kit online, so it was well worth it. future plans include magnetic suspension, lexan interior, and some adjustment of front axle height (wheels too high, the car has to lean to far, i have had best results when my cars front tires are just skimming the track). maybe an experimental sidewinder conversion, but i doubt anything extreme. this is a good car. now i need to get back to work on my porsche, as its getting a run for its money!

now if only slot.it made more of those imsa racers, id have a huge collection (and parts pile), wink wink nudge nudge
              Welcome to the addiction

Comment

Working...
              X