Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scp2 and Carrera Digital

So my friend use carrera digital.
    I want to purchase an SCP2 and carrera cartridge as I plan to go the oxigen route.
    Any issues I need to be aware of?

Not really.
    Of course, make sure you follow the instructions and set the switches in the digital cartridge for Carrera, and use the Carrera cables with it. You'll be tethered to the CU, because the SCP will be sharing the power supply. Also note that with Carrera Digital, the brake knob has no effect. Brakes still need to be set in the car on the track, and can't be changed outside of that process, but the rest of the adjustments on the controller work.

Comment

Does the cable need to be purchased separately? At least by buying the Scp2 ill have a controller to use with Oxigen down the road.

Comment

No, it comes with cables for everything it supports. You would not need to purchase anything else.

Comment

I see where the new C chip is available.
          It states it is compatible with Carrera Digital.
          Will it work with a Carrera Digital controller?
          thx

Comment

Bob, I have the SCP01e. You would be the only one that can use this Slot.it controller, it appears. Since we always rotate, I really haven't messed with it much. You're welcome to play with it. You would need a controller since this is just the cartridge.

Bruce

Comment

You would need a controller since this is just the cartridge and cables.

WHY DO I STILL NEED TO LOGIN AT EVERY POST??? I thought this was fixed. Yes, I checked "remember me".

Comment

Originally posted by Slot_it_Bob View Post
                I see where the new C chip is available.
                It states it is compatible with Carrera Digital.
                Will it work with a Carrera Digital controller?
                thx
                Yes. When the Carrera code has been installed in that chip (via smartphone app), it's just as if it's a Carrera chip except without pace or ghost mode. I wouldn't get it unless you expect to use the other features of that chip at some point, though, such as running your car on a Scalextric Digital track, or racing it as an oXigen car at some point. If you're only going to be using it on Carrera Digital, there are other chips that would be less expensive and just as good for that purpose.

Comment

Where do I find the smart phone app?
                  Can the chip be reprogrammed at will?
                  Ultimately I plan to do an oxigen set up.

Comment

The app is called nRF Toolbox. It's from Nordic Semiconductor, the company that makes the wireless chip Slot.it uses. It's free. I can't say whether it's on apple or not, but it's on Android.

You can change at will, and don't need anything other than a powered slot and your phone to do it.

Watch my video...

Comment

Yes the app is available for iOS
                      just downloaded it.
                      Thanks for your help

Comment

Spent some time viewing files on the Slot.it website. The Download section is great a resource. Chip has been ordered.

Curious about the Scp3 and when we will get it the US?
                        Last edited by Slot_it_Bob; 04-24-2019, 04:43 AM.

Comment

In your video you mention magnets for D132 use? Is that needed using the SCp2 with Universal cartridge that is hard wired?

Comment

That's only if you want to use oXigen. oXigen lap counting is by detecting magnets under the track. It's also used for making lap counting work on the CU when the chip is in oXigen more with Carrera compatability (not to be confused with the chip being in Carrera mode with the Carrera firmware).

You would not need to worry about magnets when using the SCP2 with the Universal cartridge.

Comment

We started racing the Slot.it DTM in digital format, it's a hoot. I want my own Oxigen track now.

Comment

Working...
                              X