X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift
    started a topic Scp1

Scp1

I have an older scp1 with digital cartridge. Can it be updated? Is it worth anything?

• Shift
    replied
    Its on panjo if your feeling flush

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    $70 would probably sell. I might even go that high, if I'm feeling flush after a paycheck.

Leave a comment:

• Shift
    replied
    I wouldnt ask more than 70 and I wouldn't expect anything close to retail.

Leave a comment:

• jettvolks
    replied
    I'm running 2 SCP1 controllers with the latest analog cartridge scp201bc. These are not the high amp units just the latest ones replacing the previous diff polarity ones. Been using them for awhile now and still working fine but I did have to get the cartridges from the across the pond (UK I believe it was). They will run either polarity with no switching anything around like on the first gen analog cart. I have blown one fuse but that I believe was due to an issue with some jewelry. Overall couldn't be happier. Now to get around to listing my digital carts as I don't ever see going back to digital.

Upgrades no but still a great controller.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    I was only saying what I'd pay for it, not necessarily what you might get for it.

The cartridge NEW was priced higher than that, but keep in mind that it is the older controller handle, and a cartridge that has also been replaced by a better one. Plus, it's used, and you can't compare the original retail for the individual pieces to what it's actually worth. If anything, it was worth about $130 total, brand new, when there weren't any new models for people to prefer. That's what the SCP01d sold for. Now there's the SCP2 and a new digital cart that properly supports all digital home track systems. You're going to have a hard time getting anywhere near original retail. I've seen SCP01a (analog, which is generally mode desirable) languish at $75 used.

It might be worth more to you to keep it for possible use in the future. But, if it's collecting dust, might as well put it on Panjo and ask what you want for it and hope for the best.

To answer your original question, it cannot be "updated" but it is still compatible with new cartridges. It just won't have the various enhancements that the SCP2 has.

Leave a comment:

• Shift
    replied
    It's worth more than 50. The cartridge alone is 70+

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    I'd pay $50 shipped.

Leave a comment:

• Shift
    replied
    It has the "digital" cartridge. Not the "oxigen" cartridge

Works with scalextric, carrera pro-x, SCX , Ninco.

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    To be clear, is it oXigen, or one of the other digital carts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X