Porsche 936 Dijon 76

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche 936 Dijon 76

I have just purchased a new Porsche 936 dijon 76, This would have to be the worst car that i have ever purchased.$89.00 Australian.It didn't run right on testing on my home track. I opened it up and discovered one motor wire just hanging by a few strands. I soldered it back on. I then did a few laps with the body off, the car hopped all over the place, the front wheels were out of round, I could not true them properly so I bought a set of spirit racing rims another $29.00 Aus, On removing the old rims I noticed the Crown gear had a crack in it, I cant tighten the grup screw, have to replace it with a new one another $14.00 Aus, so total cost of dud car $132.00 Australian. I think that I will stick to Slot it cars in the future, they are cheaper to start with and seem to be better quality. (Very dissapointed customer. ) Has any body else had such a problem. Bill
    Last edited by swf; 11-11-2008, 10:38 PM. Reason: I want to change the title and put a thumbs down instead of thumbs up

Bill, have you had any dialogue with either the manufacturer, or the Australian distributor, in regard to your unsatisfactory car?

Comment

Chassis broke.

Comment

Re:936

I have the Black version of that car and to be perfectly honest it's one of my favorite cars. The car only required small amounts of tuning, Sanded tires and added a small amount of lead and right away it was only a tick slower than my Slot.its If I tweaked it some more and added Slot.it running gear I am sure it would be even faster! I think you must'eve got a bad one! ALong those lines though I had similar problems to yours with the Spirit 1600 BMW I bought. But even it was salvagable with little expense, my biggest problem with it is nobody makes tires to fit the front wheels and it's original shoes were too big!

Comment

I wrote this review: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...rit+936+review
          At the time and of that particular 936 I had not much bad to say.
          Since then I received one of the #20 cars which upon inspection had: 1. stripped threads in the spur gear. 2. incomplete removal of flashing in the 'motor pod' (not sure what else to call that area of the chassis) such that the motor would not sit properly in place. the assembler had glued the endbell in place which left the motor resting 45 degrees from flat.
          actually contaced LHS (not where the car came from. it's for a repaint) to tell them to check the car before selling to anyone.

Comment

Gday swf
            This was my first ever Spirit purchase.
            Mine has cosmetic flaws , like the rear wing too long for the side wings, it sits at an angle. The printing on the body could be better. But when it was run on a board track with nothing done to it, no tyre sanding or lead , it was extremely smooth and surprised all present who drove it. Especially one of our local very experienced tuners drove it and ws impressed with the running - not so on the cosmetics, but a little lead and the usual motor glueing, tyre sanding and the like has made this car very good.
            Its a shame that not everyone gets to experience the better side of some manufacturers cars.
            I for one now am looking forward to purchasing the black one.
            I purchased that same car on sale for $65Au ,a major slot shop in Sydney(Jim)still has them both for that + post.
            cheers
            Jordan

Comment

I have 2 of these. Spirit is violating my First Law of Slot Cars: Round Wheels The fronts on one were so bad I replaced them w/ FLY Porsche wheels, I have trued the rears, which weren't near as bad, put Slot.it Z0 &/or stock 19 x 10's. pulled the mags, slipped on some comfortable booties & these cars run pretty good.
              The BMW's are a little slipshod & way overpowered.
              Spirit is getting a little better w/ their Chinese stuff, but their wheels have always been hit & miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                Bill, have you had any dialogue with either the manufacturer, or the Australian distributor, in regard to your unsatisfactory car?
                Hi wet coast racer, yes I have emailed them through their website (thats an experience as well) but haven't had a reply as yet. Thanks Bill

Comment

i have a bmw 2002 and wow what a pile of s***. at $68 dollars i will never buy another spirit i called the distrubutor and no replies. for one the chassi hits the track and the wheels come of the hub the gears have metal shaveings coming of of it did not drive good from the start. talk about very very disapointed customer this car should of been $10 MAN I GOT ROBBED SILLY. but dont worry spirit u will never ever again have my business i will win ahhahaahh shame on u spirit.

Comment

Obviously you havent bought many Fly cars for $75+ lately. The Fly 911 GT1 "Playboy" Edition that I recently purchased HAS to be the worst car I have gotten in the past two years... the two piece wheel rims literally fell apart! It took me a couple hours to get all four wheel glued and trued, the chassis un-warped, the motor and bearings glued in, and the tires sanded, but when done the car actually runs pretty good.

I have had great luck with my Spirits so far, and I own at least one of every Spirit car released

Comment

Obviously Spirit are Not Interested

Originally posted by swf View Post
                      Hi wet coast racer, yes I have emailed them through their website (thats an experience as well) but haven't had a reply as yet. Thanks Bill
                      Hi Again, I have since emailed Spirit on another 2 occasions regarding the faulty Porsche, but they have not replied, is there any one out there that represents Spirit or are we the Customers flogging a dead horse.
                      It seams to me that Spirit don't care, since they and the people who sell their product have taken our money and don't give a dam about customer service. I guess silence is the best option, Just ignore the problem and it will go away, but so do future sales.
                      Come on Spirit do the right thing.
                      Unhappy customer Bill

Comment

Well if they continue to ignore this Thread (which they may not be aware of) and your emails, they're certainly not doing anything to improve customer loyalty and that's really unfortunate.

Spirit are not alone of course in bringing to market improperly manufactured slot cars; Fly's are famous for their poor quality control, the latest Scalextric Ferrari F430 seems to have cracked chassis issues, and one of the reasons Maurizio at Slot.it is so well regarded is not because his products are flawless, but that he's so willing to try and rectify problems.

I took a look at the Spirit website, to see who the authorized importer/distributor for Australia might be. And guess what? There doesn't seem to be one! Which has to make you wonder where your car came from, and all those expensive replacement parts. Where did you source all of this stuff, from interest, and how have they responded to your complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                          Well if they continue to ignore this Thread (which they may not be aware of) and your emails, they're certainly not doing anything to improve customer loyalty and that's really unfortunate.

Spirit are not alone of course in bringing to market improperly manufactured slot cars; Fly's are famous for their poor quality control, the latest Scalextric Ferrari F430 seems to have cracked chassis issues, and one of the reasons Maurizio at Slot.it is so well regarded is not because his products are flawless, but that he's so willing to try and rectify problems.

I took a look at the Spirit website, to see who the authorized importer/distributor for Australia might be. And guess what? There doesn't seem to be one! Which has to make you wonder where your car came from, and all those expensive replacement parts. Where did you source all of this stuff, from interest, and how have they responded to your complaints?
                          Hi wet coast, I purchased the replacement parts from my local hobbie shop in perth western australia (Stanbridges) they also sell the spirit cars. I purchased the car from an on line shop on ebay which is in the eastern states of australia. at the time i did not know my local hobbie shop sold them. The bit that annoys me is that this is the first spirit car that i have tried and find that the products are inferrior to the point of having to have major work done to get them to other manufacturers standard product, which sells for less. Thanks for your interest, Bill

Comment

Try emailing this address

Their website is not up to date unfortunately.
                            I happen to know their Australian distributor, (a good company) who has dealt in their product for 18 months or more, but is still not listed as a distributor on their site.

[email protected]

I imagine he will be quite willing to help.

Comment

Heya guys, I just talked with Jose this morning and he's told me they're working on a new chassis for the next Porsche's.

And Jerry, Jose says he got your email.

Spirit is quite a small company and they're trying to answer the questions of their customers. I hope he sends you an answer soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X