New Spirit cars on the way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spirit cars on the way

Alright! The Spirit is willing ... soon my wallet will be weak!

Comment

Love the Golf,should make for some fun racing.

Comment

I love the Golf's too, and that big bad BMW 635 CSI have been missed for a long time, wonder if they made it an anglewinder or inline?

Comment

It's an inline without a pod.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
            Alright! The Spirit is willing ... soon my wallet will be weak!
            LOL! True, that.

Comment

The Golf and the 635 are on my Christmas list! I'll just have to be an extra good husband between now and Christmas to make sure I get them...

Comment

Where is the best place on-line in the US to buy Spirit slots? My local shop doesn't carry them... I'm losing my mind and almost my job surfing around for a GS tuning '02

Comment

Originally posted by DaveKennedy View Post
                  It's an inline without a pod.
                  What a shame. Given that they have a great platform with the pod and setup with the silhouettes and 406 cars i was hoping they would stick with that. maybe there wasnt room for an anglewinder with the shape of the car. Still spirit keep surprising us... Not always pleasantly. How can a manufacturer make some really good cars then make some real pigs? Most other manufacturers are at least consistent some make pretty cars that are pigs some make super fast out of scale race goers. Spirit is the Forrest Gump of car makers they are like a box of chocolates never knowing what you will get.

Comment

I also think this is pretty strange, the BMW 635 is a BIG car.

Comment

Hi:

The reason why the car doesn't mount an anglewinder motor is the width. Making the car in an accurate scale (I know this is an issue far from current times) it's impossible to fit it. Maybe it would be possible in 1:30 scale. This car is make using original drawings from BMW and we'll try to make it in an accurate as possible 1:32 scale.

It would be fair if you give a chance to the car, maybe it will not be ever the fastest car of the world but believe me if I told you that his performance is quite good and very, very fun.

Also, this chassis is ready to digitalize it (for the SCX Digital System).

Hope you like it when you have it in your hands.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

It is nice of you to reply and give your explanation. I have a soft spot for spirit as the silhouettes were the first cars i ever got "right" from a tuning point of view. I have a Reynard sport thats not too shabby either. The adjustable front ends on the 406 series is a joy for wood trackers like me and gives the ability for the plastic trackers to have a more flexi front to. I read somewhere that spirit are making a stiffer pod for the 406 cars and i will be first in line to buy a few. They also sell there alloy wheels as a set of 4 not just a pair like others so kudos to spirit for that. Having said that there is a retailer advertising a silhouette supersport and a 936 sport version as "coming soon" how soon is soon?

Comment

Thanks for the info, Spirit, I am really looking forward to the Shark!

Comment

Well, I've spent my fair share of time racing Ninco cars, and I can tell you that a pod isn't necessary to have a high performance car. A pod chassis is just one way to do things, and certainly isn't required.

We have a beautiful little 3-lane routed track in our club, and one of the best performers on it is a solid chassis Spirit 936. It's nothing spectacular on a larger Carrera track, but on this track, it tears it up.

I'm looking forward to many of the new Spirit cars, especially the BMW and the long-tail 936!

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post

We have a beautiful little 3-lane routed track in our club, and one of the best performers on it is a solid chassis Spirit 936. It's nothing spectacular on a larger Carrera track, but on this track, it tears it up.

I'm looking forward to many of the new Spirit cars, especially the BMW and the long-tail 936!
                              Agree Elsecundo. I am really looking forward to these cars. The Jules 936 will be a great fill in car from Spirit. The BMW is equally welcome to me. I have fond memories watching them race at Spa, Silverstone and Donnington. There are so many liveries out there for this car. Schnitsler, Juma, Bastos, BMW GB, Italia, Oh I could go on. I hope Spirit also make an era correct competitor. Preferably the Jaguar XJS or the Volvo 262T or Rover 3500 Vitesse. There are more than a few liveries for these cars to as they raced for a number of seasons.

At present the only competitors from the era are a Gom Alfa and resin cars. Group A racing was wonderfull close racing.

Comment

Working...
                              X