No announcement yet.

New Spirit cars on the way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bmw arrived and had a 'throw in bin' rear wheel, and a stiff gear mesh. i fitted some aluminium rears with mjk's and ran it in a little, and now it's particularly good. $13 aftermarket dollars well spent.

Straight line speed is awesome, and cornering is not too bad at all, better than i expected for a narrow 'ish' tall car. i love it. at first i wasn't convinced by the dimentions, but now i'm aquainted with it i'm very happy, and waiting for more group a cars to make an appearance, vl ss commodore would be nice.

Comment

Okay, gotta get me the Golf and the 635...where can I find them - preorder or otherwise (Fantasy World and Hot Slots 123 are not showing them available, even for preorder)?

Comment

Originally posted by dansula View Post
        I hope Spirit also make an era correct competitor. Preferably the Jaguar XJS or the Volvo 262T or Rover 3500 Vitesse. There are more than a few liveries for these cars to as they raced for a number of seasons.
        You're right -- all three of these would be great in 1:32! SCX has recently made a few Volvos. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the 262 as well.

Very interesting choices from Spirit, and well done.

Ianacole, not sure where to get them yet.

Comment

They also raced against 2nd Gen Camaros, which would be cool and easy to do many liveries!

Comment

Wow, excellent looking cars.

Just for my sanity, are all of them capable of being upgraded to run on an SCX Digital system? I am really interested in the BMW 635, Golf, and 936.

Comment

Porsche 936 Coda Lunga

Got my new Porsche this weekend. Was a little disappointed when I took the car out of the box and attempted to turn the rear wheels. Tight is not the word for what I experienced. So, the next day I dropped a new axle and super wheels and tires on it. But, the set screw for the gear stripped out. So, what the heck a new slotit gear. Still the mesh was tight, I actually needed to put another motor in. It came out of a sloter and is only 18K.

It's now running great and looks fantastic.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Manimmal View Post
                My bmw arrived and had a 'throw in bin' rear wheel, and a stiff gear mesh. i fitted some aluminium rears with mjk's and ran it in a little, and now it's particularly good. $13 aftermarket dollars well spent.

Straight line speed is awesome, and cornering is not too bad at all, better than i expected for a narrow 'ish' tall car. i love it. at first i wasn't convinced by the dimentions, but now i'm aquainted with it i'm very happy, and waiting for more group a cars to make an appearance, vl ss commodore would be nice.

Gom make the Alfa GTV and Scaley will be making the later Camero soon, so the field is increasing. There is a resin Rover from the UK. Fingers crossed for the 262T, XJS and the Vitesse. I also seem to remember the mustang and Opel Commodore had a race or two. And Holden came over in 84?

Comment

Working...
                X