Courage C65 Setup Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courage C65 Setup Help

What's the best setup for the C65? The front wheels are out of alignment the holes are not centered. But other then that I think it runs ok as a Non Mag car. The magnet that came with it only had 95g of down force. It has alot of potential if some one out there can help me.

Thanks
    John

Which holes arent centered? I have three of the Courage's, and they all are nice smooth runners. One I have modified with Ninco ProRace wheels and it is a very smooth and quick car.I suppose you could also use Ninco plastic replacement wheels as well. A word of warning though, the aluminum hub WILL gall to the motor shaft if you dont keep it lubed. I use SCX grease but Super Lube etc. will work just as well if not better.

Comment

The axel mounting holes in the front wheels are off center. So I put the front wheels from my Reynard on and they're very true. The rear wheels are fine. It has good breaks and lots of speed with the XXX Motor. I have the Gulf/XBOX C65, the only problem I have is with the front wheels which that will be cured with the Slot-It up grade.

John

Comment

Hello Tacoma-1.... I think its not your car but your trigger finger.

Comment

Hi Tony,

I think it's the hole in your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by tacoma1 View Post
            Hi Tony,

I think it's the hole in your brain.

Comment

faaaaast

I have two of the cars and they are quick. I run non-mag MDF at 13 volts so this info may not be of help. Gearing is 9/28 with Slot it brass hub. Rear wheels are 17X10 aluminums with Slot it 20X10 S1 or S2. Get rid of that nasty stuff they call guide wire and replace with Slot Car Corner. Sloting Plus guide SLPL2131 with SCC silver braid. Shoe Goo the motor. I put copious amounts of JBWeld inboard of the front axle mounts to beef them up but you must be careful to not glue the two seperate parts of the chassis together. Both cars are very fast and extremely quick when coming out of a turn. Both of these cars and my Spirit Dallara compete very well with the Zytek's in our LMP class.

Comment

Working...
              X