Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Regionals & Nationals

edited
    Last edited by Racerdoug; 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM.

Is the sport version legal or just the normal line cars?

Comment

Just found out after buying the Coupe that it is not the legal car. The legal car is the Silhouette not the Coupe.

This probably put me out of the race before it even started since I don't have the funds to buy the Silhouette after buying the Coupe.
      Last edited by ra7c7er; 07-27-2009, 02:15 AM.

Comment

edited
        Last edited by Racerdoug; 08-10-2009, 07:55 PM.

Comment

the gtslots website says only the Silhouette is legal? which is it the coupe or silhouette?

Comment

GTSLOTS website is updated to reflect that both the Silhouette and Coupe are eligible for the regional race.

Comment

thanks for clearing it up for me NJ

Comment

Anybody have some rules?

Chop-busting alert -- look away if you get squeamish about busted chops:
                Hey Rob, if the cost of replacing the coupe with the silhouette could put you out of the event, how in the world are you gonna get to Pennsylvania?

Comment

Rules are also posted on the GTSLOTS website, I'm still waiting for confirmation from a moderator on if I can post it here....but it's logically named

Comment

edited
                    Last edited by Racerdoug; 08-10-2009, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerdoug View Post
                      Hey no problem buddy.Oh wait,you said NJ....but it was me that contacted the rules people,then let you know in a post above....I think El was right....your not really planning on racing,just wanted to complain...see you at the Nationals....!

Racerdoug -- For a few hours I had a couple snippy comments for you but were not kids. This is what happened. I saw your post about the event and I was planning on getting the Coupe anyway when I had the money. Well I decided to go ahead and sell some of my cars to get the money for the car and travel to philly (I have relatives in philly I can stay with). Well on the 27th NJSlot1_32 was kind enough to PM the link to the Gt slots website (he noticed i commented about a website in another post you were snippy with me in). When I got to the website It stated only the Silhouette was legal for the race. So I posted accordingly thinking the official rules posted on the website were correct. Yes you said that the Coupe was legal after my post but the website still stating the official rules as Silhouette only I was confused. NJSlot though PM told me that he contacted Rich and the Coupe was legal and the website was being updated with the correct information and also posted here stating the rules were corrected. That is why I thanked him. I am sorry I didn't thank you but I didn't know if your information was correct or not.

I am going to the race to have fun. I won't be winning anything unless there are door prizes. I am just looking to experience a big race and try to make some slot friends. Guess I'm not starting off well. It's attitude like what you have shown toward me that keeps racers like me away from races.

Now if you would like to start over without all the bashing... I'm Rob been racing slot cars for 7 months now and when i get to the race I will be in need of a controller do you have an extra I can use or know anyone there that I will be able to borrow one from. I am trying to get the local shop to let me borrow one of there spare rental controllers for the race but I don't know yet.
                      Last edited by ra7c7er; 07-28-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElSecundo View Post
                        Anybody have some rules?

Chop-busting alert -- look away if you get squeamish about busted chops:
                        Hey Rob, if the cost of replacing the coupe with the silhouette could put you out of the event, how in the world are you gonna get to Pennsylvania?
                        Busting my chops? Nope I know I am poor. I had to sell 6 cars to get enough money to get the Coupe and the travel money. Yesterday the rules on the website were changed, in the hour between my post and NJs, to reflect that the Coupe is legal. Before that it said that only the Silhouette was legal. That's why I was confused the official rules and Racerdoug were saying two different things.
                        Last edited by ra7c7er; 07-28-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Now that that's over some race questions...

Is the handout motor the same as what is in the car?

Will there be handout indys for the stock plastic wheels? I know it says they will have handouts for the SCX pro wheels and spirits pro wheels but I don't know if the spirit pros are the same diameter as the stock plastic ones.
                          Last edited by ra7c7er; 07-28-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty confident the appropriate Indy Grip for the stock rear wheel will also be supplied as a handout tire from GTSLOTS, but will confirm.

The specified motor is not the stock motor from Spirit. The specs were provided for those who wish to set up a car for practice, so they can use a motor close to, or with those specs.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X