New BMW 635's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BMW 635's

I see on ebay that the new 635's have hit the U.K.
    Can anyone say when they will hit the stores in the US??

They have been out for over 2 months - as i have had the Gitane for that long
    not shure if u will get them here as they advertize Cigarettes

Verne - reel55

Comment

I'm not sure if the rules regarding tobacco advertising are any different in the UK than they are in the US?

Doesn't seem to be an issue though if the item is not sold as a children's toy ...

Comment

I have the Jager car and its a great runner with minimal work.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
          I'm not sure if the rules regarding tobacco advertising are any different in the UK than they are in the US?

Doesn't seem to be an issue though if the item is not sold as a children's toy ...
          Spirit is not a toy company, they're a hobby company. So they don't have to live by the same rules that some other slot companies do. That's why they have tobacco liveries and alcohol liveries.

A sure sign of a "hobby company" is an exposed motor under the car. If there is plastic covering the whole underside of the car, it's a toy company.... exposed motor (like Ninco, Spirit, Slot It)... hobby company.

Comment

Original question not answered.... Nobody seems willing or able to talk about many
            new models available in Europe. Guess we will just have to suck it up and pay
            for overseas shipping?

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea about that myself. To be fair, this Thread was only just initiated today, and there hasn't been much opportunity for anyone from Spirit - or any of our Advertisers who carry the brand - to respond.

When I checked earlier today, UK dealers were offering the car for 35 pounds, and the ebay guy had a bid of 34 pounds. That hasn't changed, several hours later.

I would have to really, really, REALLY want that car to pay that kind of coin for it, plus shipping and potential customs duty. Would much rather see if a north american distributor/retailer will be offering it soon, and spend the money locally. But that's just me.

Comment

WOW - well first, thanks for the response! The Spirit forum seems hit or miss sometimes....

2 months!? I guess I took a break searching for Spirit BMW's at the wrong time.... But it's odd that there are no US auctions with those 2 cars - maybe that's a bad sign....Maybe they were gone before they got here..(?)

I would much rather get them from a site advertiser - so hopefully somebody jumps in with some info.... I would love to free up what little cash I have for more slot cars!!

Comment

Working...
                X