Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spirit Raynard & Slotting Plus Raynard chassis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit Raynard & Slotting Plus Raynard chassis?

Hi, I'm after some quick advice here please?, I need to know if I buy a standard Spirit Raynard 2QK 1/32 car, can I put the bodyshell onto one of the Slotting Plus Raynard chassis that you can buy?, will the body fit directly on?
    Thankyou. Mark

Originally posted by f1rem0uth View Post
    Hi, I'm after some quick advice here please?, I need to know if I buy a standard Spirit Raynard 2QK 1/32 car, can I put the bodyshell onto one of the Slotting Plus Raynard chassis that you can buy?, will the body fit directly on?
    Thankyou. Mark
    No, you cannot ! Not the same mould...wheelbase, different fixations....etc

Comment

Originally posted by slotingplus View Post
      No, you cannot ! Not the same mould...wheelbase, different fixations....etc
      Hi, ok, many thanks for quick reply. I bid on wrong type of car on eBay, thought it was like the Slotting Plus Raynard car, but it is just the standard Raynard car, so was wondering if I could upgrade the chassis, but no can do!. Triple head banger for this error!!!

Comment

However Spirit did a Sport (Racing) version with an inline separate motor pod that will fit the body. You should be able to still get such a chassis and pod. You'll probably need to use the lexan interior as well, but you could also make one yourself from scrap material. Check out the Spanish and/or Portugal Ebay and online shops.

These Sport cars were (are) very fast and I think still competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by LowlandsRider View Post
          However Spirit did a Sport (Racing) version with an inline separate motor pod that will fit the body. You should be able to still get such a chassis and pod. You'll probably need to use the lexan interior as well, but you could also make one yourself from scrap material. Check out the Spanish and/or Portugal Ebay and online shops.

These Sport cars were (are) very fast and I think still competitive.
          Yeh, I was thinking it was either like the Slotting Plus or the Sport Raynard, but the car I bid on was the standard original Spirit Raynard, I wouldn't have minded either of Slotting+ or the Sport, but the standard cars chassis under the bodyshell is just not to my liking, it was the bodyshell that got me!, they all look the same to me.

Luckily I got outbid in the last seconds, although I did contact the seller to ask if I could cancel my bid before the end of the auction, but they didn't reply until after, I was lucky!.

I do like the Slotting Plus Raynard though, I need to get hold of one of these cars someday.

Comment

Working...
          X