Spirit motor info?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit motor info?

Hi all. I'm looking for any info on the motors that Spirit use in their cars.
    Web link would be great.
    Thanks.

http://slotcarnews.blogspot.com/2007...otor-list.html

Scroll down the list, youll find what your looking for.

DE38

Comment

Spirit has changed motors frequently, as they are a small operation. Some have been sold in cars without any wrapper. The Slot Car News Motor List (linked above -- thanks) has the best info I could compile, supplemented by my own tests.

Comment

Thanks for that. Have that page BMed. Gives info yes. But could do with pics to see what motor I have in the BMW, Gitanes # 25.

Comment

Would that be a long can (FK-180) without a wrapper? This is the no-wrapper motor in the Peugeot 406:

I don't know if it is the same motor, but the two cars were made around the same time. The specs are possibly the same as for the S3x. How exact do you need to be? Spirit motors came in different flavors with considerable overlap due to production variation.
          Last edited by Robert Livingston; 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

WoW your on the Ball.
            That's her. ext. Motor. I get 19,456 rpm. Our test not that different.
            Spirit S3X (FK-180) 24,000 RPM/12v(?); tested 19,725-19,814 RPM/12v, 26,163 RPM/15v
            Have you got any photos of their motors?
            Cheers

Comment

Sorry to say this is the only other Spirit motor I photo'd, in the back, at the end of the line. Spirit "Le Mans":

Comment

Working...
              X