Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revoslot Supertires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Revoslot Supertires

    Hi Nick and Sandy.

    Are you planning to develop Supertires Silicone sets to fit the stock Revoslot Porsche wheels?
    I'm hoping that you are and with the sales numbers of these cars it should be profitable.
    If anyone else here agrees with me please speak up here.

    Steve

  • #2
    Just a thought

    I don't have any of these tires to measure, but what about the Super Tires that are made for their double flange wheels?

    Like the ST3A, .780 x .376

    What I would look at is the height/thickness of the new tire and compare to the original tire. You can measure the wheel diameter and subtract it from the tire diameter to get an idea of which tire to look at. Just don't forget to divide the result in half, there is tread on the top and bottom of the wheel.

    I just received my Revo Slot and I tried it with ST 1403R's. They fit in the wheels and worked for a trial on the track. I now have "air suspension" with the ST 1403R's. The tires are short enough that I don't feel that they would come off the wheels. I didn't glue the tires on the wheels.

    I have Vintage cars with the double flange wheels and I have used some Super Tires that fit in the wheels and had good results. I did find out that Super Tires made a tire for Vintage cars, V-100, so I now use this tire on the wide vintage wheels. This tire would be too tall on any modern wheel.

    Jim W
    Last edited by jaws; 12-06-2017, 03:46 PM. Reason: changed 1402 to 1403R

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jaws View Post
      I don't have any of these tires to measure, but what about the Super Tires that are made for their double flange wheels?
      I tried them...they're too wide.

      I found that 1402s will fit but are cupped.

      To fix this, I put a thin, double layered stripe of electrical tape around the center of the wheel, then put an O-ring on top of that. It's tedious, and keeping the O-ring centered while you're putting the tire on is not easy, but it works.

      Would be great to have some exact fit Super Tires for these cars......hint, hint.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Guys,

        After reading your posts, we would like to get some more information. First of all, can the tire have straight sidewalls with no radius and still work? Second, do our Super Tires 1A-6A for our double flange wheels, work with the inside diameter that is already established? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, than we believe that we can modify one of our existing molds to get the perfect width that you need.

        Each of you has noted your appreciation of Super Tires and your willingness to test and adapt our tires in order to make them fit other models/applications. We would like to experiment with the help of the three of you, Supra7mg, jaws and B52RN, before we start this project. If you are interested in helping us, we will send you a complete set of Super Tires 1A-6A in both silicone and urethane, 12 pairs total, on the house. Just send your shipping addresses to [email protected] , using Revoslot Super Tires as the subject line.

        By having these Super Tires, this will allow the three of you to cut down the width of the tires and see which diameter and compound works the best. You should also be able to check out the contact area to make sure that it is 100% flat.

        If itís possible, can I purchase a complete rear end axle, gear, 2 stock wheels and the original tires that came on the Revoslot from one of you.

        We can work together thru emails to exchange data in order to make this new Super Tire. Let us know if this works for you.

        Thanks,

        Nick & Sandy
        Team Super Tires

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the ST5A-Y tires from you, Nick as you may want to put that one on the short list also. Unfortunately, my car is on display at the local hobby store right now and the tires are in the bag. With the model being so new not sure how many would be willing to part with the rear axle, gear and wheels unless they are converting to 3/32 axles, bearings and gears a long with wheels.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Super Tires View Post
            Hi Guys,

            After reading your posts, we would like to get some more information. First of all, can the tire have straight sidewalls with no radius and still work? Second, do our Super Tires 1A-6A for our double flange wheels, work with the inside diameter that is already established? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, than we believe that we can modify one of our existing molds to get the perfect width that you need.

            Each of you has noted your appreciation of Super Tires and your willingness to test and adapt our tires in order to make them fit other models/applications. We would like to experiment with the help of the three of you, Supra7mg, jaws and B52RN, before we start this project. If you are interested in helping us, we will send you a complete set of Super Tires 1A-6A in both silicone and urethane, 12 pairs total, on the house. Just send your shipping addresses to [email protected] , using Revoslot Super Tires as the subject line.

            By having these Super Tires, this will allow the three of you to cut down the width of the tires and see which diameter and compound works the best. You should also be able to check out the contact area to make sure that it is 100% flat.

            If itís possible, can I purchase a complete rear end axle, gear, 2 stock wheels and the original tires that came on the Revoslot from one of you.

            We can work together thru emails to exchange data in order to make this new Super Tire. Let us know if this works for you.
            There is not a problem with a straight sidewall, other than the normal and expected effects of a straight vs. radius sidewall. Radius would be nice if possible.

            The inside diameter is not a problem. I put a ST-5A on and it fits fine as far as diameter is concerned. For information, the mounted ST-5A outside diameter is .800" and the stock RevoSlot mounted tire is .830".

            I don't have any spare rear wheel/axle setups to sell. These are new and they are also non-standard (3/32) size. Don't know it they sell the wheels/axles separately...don't think so, might have to buy a car.

            I'd certainly be willing to help out with testing but honestly, I don't know how to go about "cutting down" silicone tires. They are almost impossible to sand down so if you have suggestions I'd love to hear them.

            For more information...and everyone loves a picture...here's a pic of the mounted ST-5A (on left) and the stock RevoSlot tire (on right) and you can see how much overhang there is.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just received the next softest shore to OEM yesterday. Lmk if you're interested in me sending my original set of Revoslot tires. Allan may have wheels in stock now.
              Last edited by Brumos RSR; 12-05-2017, 07:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Guys,

                What Super Tires really needs is the exact working width inside the two flanges on the rear wheel. B52RN states that a ST5A will give you a .800Ē final O.D. after it is correctly mounted on the stock wheels. When I receive the working width dimensions, I (Nick) will cut some 5A tires down and install a radius on some. What I am trying to find out is the right overall outside diameter. The 4A or 6A may be better but we wonít know until we try them. Once I know which O.D. works the best, then we can tailor the mold to the exact width. This will enable us to make test tires for the team working on this project.

                Thanks,

                Nick & Sandy
                Team Super Tires

                Comment


                • #9
                  If it was me I would simply buy some standard wheels, like Super Wheels, you can get tires that fit those. I believe that the Revo Slot axles are 3 mm, you can buy a reamer and enlarge the holes in the wheels to fit that size. If you expect to race your car you will get the best performance if the tires are glued and trued. Since most of the available truing machines do not have a 3 mm axle you could true the tires before you enlarge the holes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here ya go Nick:

                    RevoSlot wheel:

                    .310" width inside flange (the double flange Super Tires are .376" wide)
                    .330" total width (including flange)
                    .586" diameter between the flanges
                    .680" diameter of flanges

                    .830" diameter of mounted stock tire
                    Last edited by B52RN; 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM. Reason: additional info

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nick has informed me that the tires for the Revo Slot wheels are completed. The yellow dogs were tested at Alan's Scaleracing and will be stocked there. The Silicone Super Tires will be available after the first of the year.

                      Jim W

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Most truing machine do have 3mm axles

                        Originally posted by RichD View Post
                        If it was me I would simply buy some standard wheels, like Super Wheels, you can get tires that fit those. I believe that the Revo Slot axles are 3 mm, you can buy a reamer and enlarge the holes in the wheels to fit that size. If you expect to race your car you will get the best performance if the tires are glued and trued. Since most of the available truing machines do not have a 3 mm axle you could true the tires before you enlarge the holes.
                        As most of the Truing machines come from Europe or Australia they certainly do have 3mm axles. This is the most common axle size outside of the USA.

                        Scaleauto, Plafit, BRM, Revo Slot and many of the performance brand chassis use 3mm axles as standard.

                        Right now only Plafit and Revo Slot uses these sizes on 1:32 scale cars but not an uncommon axle at all.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.slotcarillustrated.com
                        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                        www.132slotcar.us

                        1-253-255-1807

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If you have a Hudy tire machine, then use the axle from the car in the machine. One setscrew removes the drive pulley, then slide the 3/32 axle out and the 3mm axle in.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            'the 3mm axle in"

                            Yup and for of us having a Tire Razor tuning unit..... just lightly ream out a spare pair of bushings and the pulley with 3mm drill and all is good.

                            worked great for me

                            DICK

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Since I also have a some vintage slot cars, I have a Area 3 "tyre" truer and it will do 1/8th inch axles. Let's see, what is close to that, maybe 3mm. So, I know my machine will be able to do the 3mm axle without any problems. Since I have a Scalextric "Pro" car, I already have the 3mm axles also.

                              Jim
                              Last edited by jaws; 12-22-2017, 09:05 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X