Revoslot Supertires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?

While I have not used the supertires I can not say they are superior. I have used the "other" manufacturers tire as it was out first and I can say that it performs very well. Hey "The Kid" drove the heck out of the car last night and won. Would he have won by more if he used supertires , not sure.

P.S. I love having choices!

Comment

Originally posted by ppearlman95 View Post
      While I have not used the supertires I can not say they are superior. I have used the "other" manufacturers tire as it was out first and I can say that it performs very well. Hey "The Kid" drove the heck out of the car last night and won. Would he have won by more if he used supertires , not sure.

P.S. I love having choices!
      The Kid enjoyed racing your car. He said everything about the car was amazing. I am ordering the Super Tires, and will have a pair for you to try on your track.

Comment

There is something to be said for using a spec tire. If a new tire comes out and it proves to be better then everyone will have to buy some if they hope to remain competitive. That can be expensive if you have a lot of cars and time consuming if you glue and true your tires.
        I presume that the reason for using a spec tire would be to keep the playing field level. If you run on rubber tires those tend to have batch to batch performance differences, so that idea might go down the drain. In addition rubber tires respond to various arcane tire treatments. Silicone and urethane tires have much more consistent performance and do not need any special treatment to work well, which make them a better choice for spec tires.

Comment

Part numbers:
          ST-Revo-S (silicone)
          ST-Revo-U (urethane)

Dimensions (mounted on manufacturer’s stock wheel):
          Outer Diameter (O.D.) .780” (19.81 mm) lower center of gravity.
          Width (contact patch) .324” (8.23 mm) maximum width between the flanges.

8.23 mm is a little narrow for the newer Revo Slot Supra and Viper - is there a wider Super Tire for this application?

Comment

!!

Comment

Working...
            X