question about ST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about ST

How would you recommend keeping a ST6A on a stock revo slot rim running top speed?
    Thanks wet.

Drive really well ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
      Drive really well ...
      Not an option..lol

Comment

ST6A? I have never heard of a Super Tire with that designation. I do not own any RevoSlot cars, but I have raced them. I can't recall if RevoSlot uses standard wheels, if not there is no Super Tire that is likely to be a perfect fit. Tires that are not a perfect fit they would have to be glued to the wheels and trued.
        RevoSlot cars use a non-standard 3 mm axle so other wheels can't be used unless you ream them out. If you were to use reamed out standard wheels you could use ones that are wider than RevoSlot wheels with wider tires to fit those.
        Last edited by RichD; 04-17-2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wetspot View Post
          How would you recommend keeping a ST6A on a stock revo slot rim running top speed?
          Thanks wet.
          Which RevoSlot car are you asking about here? The wheels are not all the same on all RevoSlot cars. For example the 911's and Supras have different sized wheels. Never heard of a ST6A either.

Comment

Well this is what I bought. It said super tires in the listing. Its for a revo supra. package says ST6A not the ST2A like it says in the description so I went with that. I dunno maybe I got scamed and there knock off . I searched tires for revo supra and found these.
            NEW Super Tires ST2A 1/32 slot car double flange wheel OD .840" 21.34mm width .376" 9.55mm

Comment

I believe that those are Super Tires that were sold by Prospect Park Raceway. PPR was probably the first seller of the 1/32nd line of Super Tires, when we started to use Super Tires we called them PPRs. The tires that you have seem to be made for flanged wheels, Super Tires sells flanged wheels with tires to match. If your RevoSlot wheels are the flanged type the Super Tires are not necessarily made to fit them. Most 1/32nd wheels have no flanges, there is a center ridge that locates the tire. It probably would not be a good idea to use a tire that is made for a wheel with a center ridge on a flanged wheel.
              Gluing and truing the tires is one option, but silicone tires are difficult to true and you need to use a machine. The 3 mm axles that RevoSlot uses are not standard for 1/32nd cars, most of those use 3/32nd inch axles and most aftermarket wheels are made for those axles. You could get double flanged Super Wheels and ream out the axle holes or find tires by another maker that are made to fit the RevoSlot wheels.

Comment

ST2A and ST6A are Super Tire part numbers and are listed on the ST website for use with their double flange wheels. The width of the tire is listed as.376", ST2A is .769" diameter and ST6A is .840" diameter. I use Sally Hanson's hard as nails as a tire adhesive with urethane tires , someone else may know if it works as well with silicone.

Comment

Ok. If you're looking for a tire for the Supra, does it have to be Silicone? Paul Gage makes a perfect fit Urethane tire for the Supra that fills the void on the RevoSlot wheels. The part # is PGT-20105LMDF

Comment

The ST6A tires are now listed on the Super Tires site to fit the RevoSlot Viper wheels.
                    http://www.new.supertires.com/?page_id=971
                    I have had problems with Super Tires that were glued using Gorilla Superglue coming unstuck after a lot of racing and it did not work at all with another make of silicone tires. A couple of yeas ago I switched to using a silicone high temperature gasket cement and I have never had any problem with that coming unstuck. The silicone cement is messy stuff to use however. I was aware that some people use Sally Hanson nail polish to glue 1/32nd tires, I would rather not take a chance on it. If only a small section of one tire comes unstuck during a race it would have a much greater effect than you would expect.

Comment

I would think a glue that does not harden like crazy glue, and instead hardens like rubber cement would be best suited for gluing tires. What's the consistency of the glue you guys use? or doesn't it make a difference?
                      A product used for filling the gaps on teak decking in the marine industry comes to mind - SikaFlex - the black rubbery lines between the wood. I bet that would be great for gluing tires, and only a tiny bit spread around would do.

Comment

We use the ST6A for the Viper and Supra. For the time being we use the same tire for the Porsche and Marcos. Although we do cut the the tire down about a millimeter. Hopefully Super Tires will make a mold specifically for these cars.

Comment

Well ...I got the ST-6a silicone to stay on . Dingleberry were on the same page. I used a marine adhesive called 5200 made by 3M its a polyurethane.

Comment

Grinding 1 mm off of a ST6A would take a long time, ST4As would be the correct diameter. A more flexible adhesive is likely to work better provided that it sticks to silicone well. Let us know how the 3M 5200 works in the long run.

Comment

The 5200 has worked out well so far. no sign of tires getting loose.

Comment

Working...
                              X