X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bnovamodels
    started a topic GM-2 For Carrera and SCX

GM-2 For Carrera and SCX

This is my latest product first offered on 3-18-2011. GM-2 Carrera and SCX to Slot.it Guide Modifiers.
    These are available direct for $6.00 you get two YOU GET TWO RESIZING RINGS AND TWO MODIFIERS, enough to complete two cars, CNC machined from black ABS.

Guide modifiers for Carrera, SCX and practically anything you can drill a 3/4 " hole in will accept a Slot.it clip racing pickup CH26 or similar. After making my popular Scalextric to Slot.it modifiers, I had many requests for the same to modify Carrera and SCX. These work on any of the new Carrera cars with self centering guide and all SCX I have come across.
    Thanks for looking,
    Bob Novack
    B-NOVA models
    [email protected]

I use candy box to ship now they are .45 each. So shipping up to 5 sets is $2.52 to the US. For Canada and most International destinations $7.00 first class to ship first class up to 2oz (up to 5 sets and a box).
    Last edited by bnovamodels; 04-17-2013, 12:11 AM. Reason: updated postage

• OldStrombeckerGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by bnovamodels View Post
    The Slot.it universal guide for Wood tracks, SICH 07.
    Thank you so much!
    Any adapters/modifications needed? Does your website have instructions? I searched there for SCX to Carrera track and didn't find anything. Maybe just overlooked it.

Leave a comment:

• bnovamodels
    replied
    The Slot.it universal guide for Wood tracks, SICH 07.

Leave a comment:

• OldStrombeckerGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by bnovamodels View Post
    Sorry to say the GM-2 are no longer produced. All remaining stock is in the hands of a few retailers. If I had to guess they my be all sold. The original GM-1 and options are still available except the GM-132p for pioneer, which are also no longer produced. I would like to thank you all for your support.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    B-NOVA models
    What then do you recommend to replace the GM-2? I recently purchased an SCX AAR 'Cuda and run Carrera digital. I am getting ready to install the Carrera digital chip and intend to replace the guide as it is obviously too shallow for Carrera track.

So I guess what I'm really asking is what is the best guide replacement set-up for the SCX 'Cuda to run on Carrera digital track?

Leave a comment:

• bnovamodels
    replied
    Out of production

Sorry to say the GM-2 are no longer produced. All remaining stock is in the hands of a few retailers. If I had to guess they my be all sold. The original GM-1 and options are still available except the GM-132p for pioneer, which are also no longer produced. I would like to thank you all for your support.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    B-NOVA models

Leave a comment:

• ottawaslotter
    replied
    Dave sorry I never saw your post, it's been awhile but I'm just changing the wheels to SCC LMP wheels after upgrading the pinion/crown/bushings/axles to slot.it. I keep getting sidetracked with this car but yes these sit too much on the front wheels with those stub axles it rocks back and forth on the front wheels and often deslots.
    I have two of them and one is great stock but the other is a pig, once I get it sorted out I will post some pics of the bnova guide, I use the slot.it wood guide and it works great on digital carrera track after setting the bnova guide to the correct height in the chassis, no issues with LC's.
    Chris

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
    Take a couple of pics, ever since I picked up mine I've been so disappointed with the frontend bounce and tires all the way around. The car just sits most of the time. I need to look at this mod also.

Which guide would you use on a Carrera digital track? Isn't Carrera a deeper guide? Gotta make sure to close the LC's.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Burglar
    replied
    Hi Bob, I thought you might like me to post this here (I posted these pics in a thread on Carrera cars on Scalextric tracks). It is a Carrera Lee Petty Fury with a Sloting Plus standard screw fit guide in a GM-2 conversion with a slight radius ground on the front of the guide. This set-up works well on both SCX plastic and wood tracks.

Other mods on the chassis include: Pioneer QS 18K motor; NSR crown gear; Slot.It pinion, axles, and bushings; CB Design 15x7 wheels; Yellow Dog tyres; new wires and some stick-in weight. I've also ground some plastic away here and there to make things fit, but not around the guide area.

Leave a comment:

• bnovamodels
    replied
    Originally posted by DaFisch View Post
    So will this help my SCX Nascars (that I have converted to Carrera digital) stay on the track better and stop hopping out? They also seems to run\stop\run\stop a lot due to the braids not being very large or wide on the SCX Nascars...I think. Anyone?
    Yes the Slot.it universal guides for wood are almost exactly the same size as the Carrera guide
    and will give you much better performance on the Carrera track.

Leave a comment:

• DaFisch
    replied
    So will this help my SCX Nascars (that I have converted to Carrera digital) stay on the track better and stop hopping out? They also seems to run\stop\run\stop a lot due to the braids not being very large or wide on the SCX Nascars...I think. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• DaveKennedy
    replied
    I'm using these on a number of cars for my club racing as well.. both on SCX and Carrera cars where the club rules allow, very nicely done product.

The main difference between the Slot It and standard Carrera guide is the length of the guides, the depth is very close.

Leave a comment:

• bnovamodels
    replied
    Hi Dave,
    The Slot.it universal wood guide has almost the exact depth as Carrera. I haven't tested it on the digital track, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't work.
    Bob

Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
    Take a couple of pics, ever since I picked up mine I've been so disappointed with the frontend bounce and tires all the way around. The car just sits most of the time. I need to look at this mod also.

Which guide would you use on a Carrera digital track? Isn't Carrera a deeper guide? Gotta make sure to close the LC's.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• DrumPhil
    replied
    Dave,
    I've used a Slot.it universal (screw-in) guide on my D132 track and it works fine. No problem with LCs.

Just make sure to use long enough wires from the braids to the chip to allow for the additional rotation of the guide. With the B-Nova adapter and universal guide, the guide will turn much farther than most stock Carrera guides (except maybe for the latest chassis models). If the wires pull tight in a cornering slide, they can get pulled out of the guide or the chip.

Phil

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
    I'd like to do my morgan aeromax first so I will have to order some. Chris

Dave
    Last edited by dw5555; 09-27-2012, 10:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Burglar
    replied
    I converted a Carrera Willys using a GM-2 this afternoon. Easy, you just need to make sure the wiring loom is taped up right and run the guide wires under (rather than over) the front axle. Also you need to cut down the bracket for the front lights. This is my dad's car and he likes the lights. The car needs a wheel and tyre change though.

Sorry I didn't take any photos while it was apart, but eyelets and braids are Slot.It, while the guide is an unmodified Sloting Plus standard screw-fit type.

Leave a comment:

• noddaz
    replied
    Carrera Scirocco...

Need to install one of these on my Carrera Scirocco...
    The B-Nova and the orange endbell motor should make this car cruise...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X