what thickness to order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what thickness to order

Hi,I would like to try your Scalextric to Slot it guide modifier .I looked at your installation pictures and you are using a 1/16" one on the Scalextric COT car.I would like to try it in my Scalextric COT car as well .What thickness is recommended ? I race the COT cars on a carrera track.Also what are the part numbers of the slot-it guide ,braids ,and eyelets.Will that guide work OK with the carrera track ? Thanks for your time Jim...........

Originally posted by nascar nut View Post
    Hi,I would like to try your Scalextric to Slot it guide modifier .I looked at your installation pictures and you are using a 1/16" one on the Scalextric COT car.I would like to try it in my Scalextric COT car as well .What thickness is recommended ? I race the COT cars on a carrera track.Also what are the part numbers of the slot-it guide ,braids ,and eyelets.Will that guide work OK with the carrera track ? Thanks for your time Jim...........

Hi Jim,
    I haven't run on Carrera track before so I am just guessing but the CH O7 wood guide is very close in length and depth to the stock Carrera guide. Using that with the 1/16 should work perfect!
    SISP-04 FOR 10 EYELETS- SISP-18 FOR TIN COATED BRAID LIKE CARRERA-SISP19 FOR COMPETITION BRAID - CH 07 UNIVERSAL GUIDE AND PICKUP FOR WOOD. CH 10 STANDARD UNIVERSAL GUIDE AND PICKUP(for Scalextric or Ninco track)
    Regards,
    Bob
    FYI
    "These are also designed to use an original pop out style Slot.it guide (CH 22 or similar) but is harder to do then the universal. The overall height of the modifiers is the correct length for the clip feature to open back up on the far side. A shim would change the length and cause them to bind , so I used the platforms thickness to adjust the overall height. The hole left behind by the Scalectric black guide is deep. It takes a 3/32, the thickest, to fill it and keep guide height same as the Scalextric original.1/16 lowers the front end by 1/32 for tire contact after front tire truing. 1/32 is the thinnest slams the front end down for best handling. To use them with the cheaper priced pop out guide you must drill out the hole through to other side. Glue in a modifier. Then use a larger drill to relieve the back side for the clip to expand."
    Last edited by bnovamodels; 01-02-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Use the thinnest !

if you use the thinnest one that leaves you the option of tuning w/guide washers !

Comment

Originally posted by flyracing View Post
        if you use the thinnest one that leaves you the option of tuning w/guide washers !
        Never thought of that or tried using guide spacers on the thinnest B-nova guide adaptor, good tip, thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X