X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kidvoltage
    started a topic FREE Tire offer from BOSA Tires

FREE Tire offer from BOSA Tires

We'd like to give out 10 free pair of our 1:32 scale tires. You'll find them well suited for mag-less racing. Soft and grippy.

Here's all you have to do:

1. Visit our web site

2. Make a tire selection from our 1:32 scale range

3. List your tire choice in this thread but please note there is a maximum two sets of any one tire. We'll contact you to get your shipping info.

4. Get ready to enjoy your new tires.

If you'd like to report back to us with your experience that would be great.

North American Residents only.

1. F1Fan - Scaley F1 Lotus
    2. glen - Slot.it Alfa 33
    3. cgyracer - CB Design 10x15
    4. Z-carfan - Carrera Porsche 917 coupe
    5. MrFlippant - Carrera DTM
    6. Steveeew - Scalextric Trans Am '69 Camaro / Slick 20 x 9.5
    7. Wet Coast Racer - Slot.it Group C
    8. Brumos RSR - Racer Wire Rears
    9. falcons707 - Slot.It Group C
    10. Phil Kalbfell - Ninco Classics
    11. stillplayswithtoycars - Scalextric GT40
    12. beardog racing - Carrera D Jaguar 21 x 5.75
    13. jaws - Vintage Eldon/Revell wide
    14. chrisguyw - Scaley Cooper Vintage F1
    15. chrisngreg - Carrera Ferrari 512BB

And that's the end of our free tire giveaway. Stop by the site now and then. We'll be adding 18 new listings next week.
    Last edited by kidvoltage; 06-17-2016, 11:23 AM.

• F1Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by F1Fan View Post
    Thank you!

Slot.it Group C Porsche 962 18 x 9.5 14 x 8.25 $5.00

Scalextric Lotus 72D, Tyrell 21.5 x 14 $5.00

Not sure if more than one pair to the same person is kosher, but if it is, then I would like one set each of the above.

Can you disclose the Shore rating?

Chris
    Rather late than never!

I finally had a chance to try my set of BOSA Tires on a Scalextric F1 Tyrrell and they were fantastic. The fit on the rim was great and they trued very easily.

I have experience with MJK, Yellow Dog, Lufthanes (our club tyre), PGT and XPG. The level of grip from the BOSA tyres were on par, if not better than the best of the previously mentioned.

I am really impressed, and I have placed an order for more. Only opportunity for improvement would be (IMO) if they would adopt the sizing/numbering protocol of the Paul Gage Tyres.

Thanks again,

Chris

Leave a comment:

• wb0s
    replied
    Phil, Please let me know how the Ninco Classic style tires work on the heavier car. I installed a pair on a Carrera Corvette I had modified with an inline Slot.it motor pod. This car is pretty heavy with the lead I added. I did find the tires wanted to roll over a bit so I had to glue them on the aluminum wheels. Once they were glued to the wheels I had no other issues. They seemed to hook up pretty well on my flat latex painted MDF routed track. I am very interested in hearing your results! Thank you for posting the feedback!

====Bill @ BOSA Tires

Leave a comment:

• Phil Kalbfell
    replied
    I have tested one pair of my Ninco Classic style tyres on one of my Tasman Cup Cars, on my Routed track they are better than the PG extremes and almost as good as my one Tasssie 30 shore tyres that were developed for this track. I now intend to fit the other pair to a slightly heavier IPS car and see how they go.

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    Thanks Rob.

You can find us here:

http://www.bosatires.com

Leave a comment:

• cgyracer
    replied
    I tried my free pair of Bosa tires for CB 10x15 hubs and they are fantastic tires. What a pleasant surprise! My track is a flat latex track surface and Yellow Dogs are king......ahead of PG tires (extensive racing and testing show the results). Well this pair of tires were just as hooked up as my best, totally hooked up!!....very pleased with the results. I'm excited to try more of these Bosa tires out, is there a website coming?

Thanks guys!
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• wb0s
    replied
    Thank you Chris, we really appreciate the feedback!

[email protected] Tires

Leave a comment:

• chrisguyw
    replied
    Hello Bill and all at Bosa.

I received a pr. of tires (Scaley Ferrari 156/Cooper) that I plan to test/use for the 2016/17 VRAA series. Upon first inspection, the molding process appears very good with no bubbles, a very good finish to the outside of the tire (better than average on the inside), and a very good reproduction of the original tread pattern. The tread pattern will no doubt be ground off during the truing/sizing process, but, for anyone wishing to leave it intact for a shelf queen version, it is very well reproduced.

The inside of the tire was very clean (no urethane blobs), which is much appreciated as it certainly saves time, and the initial test mounting resulted in a fairly true running tire, again, a testament to the mold/pour/cure process.

Glued and mounted, the tire hit the hudy, and the truing process was easy (as with all urethanes), and I was pleased to discover no bubbles as the truing continued.......after polishing and edge rounding, the tires were ready to go.

They were tested on both wood and Carrera plastic (Scaley to come), and performance was virtually identical to the 3 other urethane brands I frequently use. The Bosa tires did achieve the quickest lap of the test, but it was only by a hair, and only one lap, with the 10/20 lap averages being nearly identical..........so,....will they run away from the competition?......likely not.........are they competitive?...absolutely!........would I recommend them?........based on their fit/finish/ and performance...definitely!!

They will be going on my VRAA entry this year!!

Good job Bosa!

Cheers
    Chris Walker

PS The tests were completed on 2 wood tracks (one braided, one taped), both with flat latex paint, quality power supplies, at 10.5 volts........and 1 fast and well used 90ft. Carrera track, again with solid power and at 10.5 volts

Leave a comment:

• wb0s
    replied
    I am kidvoltage's partner in BOSA Tires. I hope by now you all have received your tires, and we hope they meet your expectations and work well for you. We are trying to provide racers and slot car enthusiasts with a tire product that might fill some of the gaps between what is currently available from other vendors. We use a compound that has been tested on our tracks here locally and has proved to be a winning combination. Local racers are using our tires with great success on routed as well as plastic tracks, so our tires are well tested.

All the tires we produce are individually inspected for fit and finish. We do some detail work on the tires after the molding process to try to improve the tires overall look for racers that like more detail.

We are very interested in getting feedback from our customers so we can further improve our product and provide racers with exactly what they are looking for. Any comments you may have, positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! ======Bill @ BOSA Tires

Leave a comment:

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    They're nicely made, eh? Just got mine today too, thanks Monte!

They're nicely made, very professional, great fit on the wheel.

Good work, eh?

Leave a comment:

• chrisguyw
    replied
    I received my tires today...many thanks. I ordered a set to fit the Scaley Brabham/Ferrari Sharknose, and the mold quality is excellent, I have not tried them yet (they need to be mounted /trued), and will be used on my entry for this years VRAA proxy. I will certainly provide a performance report once testing starts.

Again, many thanks.

Cheers
    Chris Walker

Leave a comment:

• jaws
    replied
    Received mine. They fit the Vintage Monogram wheels. Only had a chance to make a short run with them. They work well on my track, Carrera.

Thanks,

Jim

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    Received mine too.... Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Z-carfan
    replied
    Mine arrive for my 917, thanks! Will be mounting and testing out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MrFlippant
    replied
    Got mine, too... just need to clear a few other projects away first. :\

Leave a comment:

Working...
X