No announcement yet.

FastBodies - Inquiries and comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of the resin Reynard before gluing on winglets and wings. This could easily be modeled with a front speedway wing, even in brass for racing strength!!!

Comment

Coming SOON!!!

My new '84 March made from scratch to fit the 1.7" mega-G AFX chassis. This is the prototype. the front wing will have to be sanded by the modeler to finish the smoothing of the nose. Also, still have to scribe-in the panel lines and make provisions for the popoff valve.

Last edited by fastlap; 10-31-2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Here is the final March 84C. More pics in my "FastBodies Pics" album.

Comment

Wow! Another great looking car Gary. I've dropped you a line.

Todd

Comment

great work...not sure if you like NASCAR , finding older NASCAR bodies that fit TYCO and LL chassis can be tough or not availible...would like resin body to paint and run...save the originals for the shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by jobobvideo View Post
              great work...not sure if you like NASCAR , finding older NASCAR bodies that fit TYCO and LL chassis can be tough or not availible...would like resin body to paint and run...save the originals for the shelf.
              Which era NASCAR did you have in mind? I have older masters of the 2005-07ish Monte Carlo, Taurus, and Dodge Charger. I modeled them to fit the Tyco Pan LWB chassis. I can ressurect those if there was enough demand for them??? Let me see if I can post a couple pics of them?

Gary

Comment

Here is pics of a couple Monte Carlos I painted in the late '00's. I used Patto's decals on both.

Comment

Comment

Like that March 84. Great appearing body for an HO scale car.

Comment

I like those! if you make a run, I might be in for a couple($$ tight right now). I also like some of the older bodies...#43 OLDSMOBILE , #12 COCA COLA CHEVELLE, the buick used for the #43 and #33...and possibly the AFX Mercury Stocker converted to Tyco/LL chassis. I know it takes a lot of work to make these, but ther seems to be a hole in the market for these in resin...just thought it might help expand your biz...I'll keep an eye out if you list some in the future..BTW nice finish work on all your rides.

Comment

This is getting a little confusing. It appears there are two different message threads regarding these bodies, as I saw one with a Rick Mears Pennzoil March 84C on it.

Comment

Gary, do you still do the Nissan GTP cars frome the 80's? Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by ohioroyce View Post
                            This is getting a little confusing. It appears there are two different message threads regarding these bodies, as I saw one with a Rick Mears Pennzoil March 84C on it.
                            ohioroyce-

I can see if you haven't followed my postings throught the years, how it can be confusing. I just started my little business of selling my resin bodies. This area/forum is my vendor section, and it contains a few threads to keep conversations separate. This is where I am advertising to sell the bodies I make. If you back out to the Available FastBodies thread, you will see the bodies I am currently offering under the first post, and how to contact me. I just did adjust my first post in that thread to offer my current '84 March. This thread we are now on, is to comment on what I am doing or ask questions about future or current projects. I guess the best way to discribe it? This is the "discussion thread about FastBodies.

The other thread you were looking at in the HO Forum is a thread I started quite awhile ago to exhibit the stuff I am detailing currently. It was frowned upon to offer items for sale unless you became a vendor. I called Alan, who owns SCI, and worked it out to become a vendor. He is a great guy who loves those who promote our slot car hobby. Hope all this makes sense?

Ask all the questions you want on this thread. I am always happy to answer all questions asked. Hopefully sell a few bodies along the way too....

Look at available "FastBodies" on this thread; http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=54009

Gary "FastBodies" Fast
                            Last edited by fastlap; 11-26-2011, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerDave View Post
                              Gary, do you still do the Nissan GTP cars frome the 80's? Dave.
                              Hi Dave,

Yes, I am in the process to bring back a few of my older resin creations. The Nissan was modeled to fit the Tyco Pan chassis, and I will be bringing it back that way. It wouldn't be hard to get it to fit the Tomy SG+ with the front axle set in the LWB configuration. Here is an older pic of the Nissan I will be selling. Should have it available by the end of next weekend.

Gary

Last edited by fastlap; 11-26-2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Yes that's the one. Fitting the Tyco pan chassis is fine. Thanks Gary. Let me know when they are ready. Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X