X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fastlap
    started a topic FastBodies - Inquiries and comments

FastBodies - Inquiries and comments

Please post your inquiries and comments here. I will be moving all questions to this thread to keep the available product page Product only. Thanks!!!!!!
    Last edited by fastlap; 10-03-2011, 07:39 AM.

• Mazda
    replied
    I would like the Audi LMP and the Nissan

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Mazda,

Specifically, which bodies are you referring to? I make two Audi's, the R8 LMP and the R8 GTC. BMW F1? Nissan GTP? Let me know.

Thanks, Gar

Leave a comment:

• Mazda
    replied
    Order

Originally posted by fastlap View Post
    Please post your inquiries and comments here. I will be moving all questions to this thread to keep the available product page Product only. Thanks!!!!!!
    Hi, I would like to order some of your bodies. Are any of the earlier bodies still available?
    I would like the Audi,BMW and Nissan if possible.

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Thanks for the compliments!!!

No older stuff in the works.

HOWEVER,

Will be coming out with the following; Audi R8 GT3, Audi R8 LMP, Viper GTS ALMS, Corvette C5R, Corvette C6R, Porsche 962 all for the Mega-G 1.7" chassis.

Leave a comment:

• mancub920
    replied
    Love the old Indy/F1 bodies! Any other old LeMans or CanAm bodies in the works? Your work looks absolutely tops

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Closing the business

FastBodies is back in operation!!!!

Gary
    Last edited by fastlap; 04-02-2013, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Scott, those are awesome!!!! great job.

I am inside trying to beat the heat today and was goofin around painting this. It's one of my all-time favorite race cars.

Last edited by fastlap; 08-04-2012, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• macsparty
    replied
    Second one is complete. This time I went with Emerson Fittipaldi's pink car. What can I say, I have two daughters.

I also went with the road course wings on this one. I know that means the decals aren't 100 percent accurate (though Indycals quality remains top notch), but I can live with it. Nice, fun build.

Leave a comment:

• macsparty
    replied
    I received my first order from Gary, and these 84 Marches are great. He's already done a lot of the prep work, and it's very clear what else needs to be done to finish them up. He even marked in pencil how much to sand off the wing support! No guessing required! Everything fit right on the chassis perfectly with very minor persuasion.

I only have one finished so far, but have one more chassis and more decals, so another is forthcoming. I chose a simple one to start, the classic black Interscope Racing machine of Danny Ongais. I did sand down the rear wing to look more like a speedway version, but left the front wings alone for strength, so this is something of a hybrid. Still, it looks good. Painted with Testors lacquer, decals from Indycals. The whole thing is finished with a coat of Future. Can't wait to try it out and see how it runs!

Here's what you get from Gary (less the chassis, ordered separately).

Indy is my first true racing love, so it's great to be able to replicate some of these cars in miniature without A) spending a small fortune and B) spending all the time on a larger kit, which I do enjoy, but this was a lot faster and easier!

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Originally posted by macsparty View Post
    Those 84 Marches look very nice. I've used Indycals on a number of 1/24 static builds, so this is a very viable project. Looks like I need to look into getting some chassis together.

Scott, PM sent.

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    Originally posted by HEisKing View Post
    Fastlap, I hope all is well with you. I'm new to the hobby so I found this thread and waited to post with a few questions.

Is the F1 body ready? If so I would like to order a few.

Any chance you would resurrect this (picture above) to fit a Mega-G?
    I would buy these in a heart beat!!!

<><
    Sean
    Hi Sean,

I will be pouring the final RTV mold for the F1 by the 4th holiday. That will be ready to sell after that time. This version of the FastBodies F1 is a generic body with shapes form different year cars. I just wanted a different version than my last one. That kit will consist of main body, 1-rear wing, minimum of 2-front wings. This kit will be $15 plus shipping. I will prolly detail up a Ferrari livery to advertise the body. NOTE: This is modeled to fit the AFX Mega-G 1.7" chassis.

All orders or private communications can be sent to [email protected]

THANKS!!!!!

Gar

Leave a comment:

• macsparty
    replied
    Those 84 Marches look very nice. I've used Indycals on a number of 1/24 static builds, so this is a very viable project. Looks like I need to look into getting some chassis together.

Leave a comment:

• HEisKing
    replied
    Originally posted by fastlap View Post
    I am strongly considering resurrecting this body I did many moons ago. Crimnick may chime in as far as this Corvette body looks.

Fastlap, I hope all is well with you. I'm new to the hobby so I found this thread and waited to post with a few questions.

Is the F1 body ready? If so I would like to order a few.

Any chance you would resurrect this (picture above) to fit a Mega-G?
    I would buy these in a heart beat!!!

<><
    Sean
    Last edited by HEisKing; 06-20-2012, 07:48 AM. Reason: Added question, noticed I missed something in last post

Leave a comment:

• fastlap
    replied
    No problem Dave. It is coming very soon.

To all, I had to take some time away from the hobby. As some know, my dad and best buddy passed at the end of last year. There have been a lot of things I have had to, and will have to attend to family wise. Thanks for all the well wishes from those in the slot car community. I should be producing FastBodies again by the end of this month.

On another note, this F1 body is in the soup and should be available by May. I know...I'm such a tease..

Last edited by fastlap; 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X