Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brabham bt46b

Hi everyone on SCI !
    I'm Nicolas owner of GHOST TRAX, the new french brand in slot racing.
    If anyone have questions on theads about GHOST TRAX I'll try to give answers as soon as possible.

At this moment our new BRABHAM BT46 is entering in production and will be soon released.
    Here are the first photos for you on SCI !
    The model on those photos is the first pre-serie model, of course the production model kit will be released complete of decals (3 versions in the same kit : Lauda, Watson and Piquet) and photo-etched parts !

As all GHOST TRAX models it was designed for SLOT IT parts. FLAT6 motor and aluminium wheels. It's fitted with our own GHOST TRAX design "front wheel-axle unit" with independant wheels on ball bearing mount.
    And of course the unique functional "turbine" system !

Enjoy !

Wow! Nice.

Comment

How much....I have to have one....wow

Comment

great looking model, awesome even. I hope it comes in some other colour than red ( personally I am not a fan of red, but I realise that is just me)

great stuff, I want one too

Comment

Alan,

Are you bringing these in?

Comment

Looks stunning-but what does it cost? If its anywhere near as expensive as the SRC resins, I'll pass...
            TED.....

Comment

Looks real good , but yes cost an availability ,

Comment

Nicholas,

Brilliant. May I humbly suggest Fly F1 rear tyres, the bulbous ones. Although I guess I can get some separately. The treaded ones you show on the prototype are not as cute.

I will get one whenever they get to UK, as I have a "mule" carry it to Thailand.

As a small business man myself, I wish you well with your new venture and look forward to more unusual cars.

Comment

Holy crap, that's fantastic. Can't wait to try/write a review on one!

Comment

That looks fantastic

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason the crown gear is set up the way it is? All other applications have the gear the other way around?

Comment

How do I order one?

Comment

Only available directly from the Gost Trax website. They are a direct to consumer only company, at least at the moment.

Since they are a site sponsor I think I can post the link.....? http://www.ghost-trax.com/en

It will be interesting to see how this car runs, the fan in the back is powered by the motor. I am sure the flat 6 has enough torque without affecting the performance of the car, but still it something different. I like the idea.

Their resin cars are fantastic looking but not cheap, I am unsure what price this plastic model will retail at.
                        Last edited by F1Fan; 03-14-2013, 08:41 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

And apparently, they're trying to simulate the function of the fan, too! There are shots of computer images showing a rubber skirt under the car. Another shot shows a second pinion behind the crown gear, and this pinion drives the fan shaft. Whether that makes it to production remains to be seen. Points for trying, even if they do eventually back off the concept.

Comment

Here it is ! The BRABHAM KIT is now available on our online shop. It is released as a semi-complete non painted kit. Inside the box You'll have all basic parts (bodywork, accessories, decals, photoetched parts...) and specific parts (front semi-axles, ball-bearings, chassis, "downforce" skirt, fan axle...). So you 'll need a motor, guide, wheels, tyres, rear axle and transmission parts.
                            You can assemble this model in three different versions (Lauda, Watson or Piquet).

A very very detailed model... Hope You'll enjoy it

Comment

Definitely going to order one of these.

Comment

Working...
                              X