Looky I started a new thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverhelmet
    started a topic Looky I started a new thread!

Looky I started a new thread!

Mainly because the last one got a little long.

So now I (we) assume you have either made some more Allards or the Ol' Yaller is in the works. In any event that reworked Hawk Chaparral II? Let me discuss what it really needs before you waste your time on it. I just re-read the note I enclosed and I was confused by what I said. wierd, huh? Lemmeknow when you look at it again.

In the meantime, time is precious: the Allard, the Ol' Yaller.

Don (the other Don)

• jd of racing
    replied
    Originally posted by ddyke View Post
    I am very interested.

dan,if interested in the one i have just send me an email.
    [email protected]
    jeff

Leave a comment:

• ddyke
    replied
    I am very interested.

Leave a comment:

• jd of racing
    replied
    yeah,i think that when it gets the size you want it to be.
    i think you like eject it then,instead of letting it complete it's course?
    i mean,i can keep getting smaller,or larger if you let it be maybe?
    there is something going on there for sure.
    i have a gallon of the stuff that is still in the cardboard box i bought it in.
    it's kinda weird...right after i bought it and was fixing to use it i fell
    out my back steps and broke my back....it took a few months to get back
    on my feet and i had just completely forgotten i even had it.
    i found it awhile back with the seal still taped tio the box...
    shame too,because i paid good money for the stuff and didn't even
    get to use it...
    i think i'll open it up and see what the directions say....then i can maybe
    shed a little light in case someone is interested?
    jd

Leave a comment:

• ddyke
    replied
    I am not sure how it is done but I also saw something on this about a year ago that let you arrest the growth.

Leave a comment:

• jd of racing
    replied
    Originally posted by ddyke View Post
    Hudrospan increases by 161%
    dan,i thought there was a chart to increase by a certain amount?
    does it not also shrink things?
    i may have confused with something else,but roger corrie use to
    use something that would let you stop at what ever size you wanted?
    it may have been an amout of one versus the other to get to a
    certain size.
    i appoligize if i am mis-informed,
    jd

Leave a comment:

• ddyke
    replied
    Hudrospan increases by 161%

Leave a comment:

• jd of racing
    replied
    hydrospan?

Originally posted by greenman62 View Post
    You mean the Fitch Barriers... right?

At the moment the new molds are completed but I've had a hang-up. I had to replace the fridge and put a thermostat in the Audi this month. I haven't had the spare change to put towards fresh resin to get casting. I hate it when real life intrudes on my hobby.

Ole Yaller is progressing. I'm still in the drawing stage as I go about taking the 1/43rd scale beast to 1/32nd. Further along (drawing-wise) is the 430 Ferrari Mexico, and the Huffaker Healey Special. The latter two are in the queue for sometime after Ole Yaller.

Stay tuned

Greenman62
    gman,i noticed you were taking measurements from 43 to 32?
    have you ever heard of a product called hydrospan?
    i think that is the name....anyway,it either takes cast of items and makes them larger,or smaller.
    just thought i would bring that up in case you were interested.
    thanks for the cars,
    jd

Leave a comment:

• speedyweenie
    replied
    Hey, thanks! Just reliving my childhood with the dirt cars, but Iíve also done some pretty esoteric European cars including a couple of Maserati F1 streamliners. Not sure if that demonstrates eclectic tastes or maybe just bipolarism.

I look forward to seeing Greenman's Old Yeller.

Leave a comment:

• flagman
    replied
    Speedyweenie,
    I have been impressed most by your 1960's modified dirt cars. That brought so many memories.
    I too grew up at race tracks in the 50's & 60's (Pensacola, Fl) My father was flagman and we knew all the racers. The drivers I knew were Donnie & Bobby Allison, Red Farmer, Lenny Boyette, Jake Hatcher, Sonny Black, Gene Tapia, Armond Holley, Wayne Niedecken, Ival Cooper, Alton Jones, Friday Hassler, Ellis Palisini and on & on............

Jim Niedermayer
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• silverhelmet
    replied
    Do you mean the car? Or Ina's?

Leave a comment:

• ProfFate
    replied
    Hi

As a boy, I met max and the stunning Ina at a race. I was in LOVE. So, if you do the body, please let me aquire one.

Fate

Leave a comment:

• speedyweenie
    replied
    Hi Greg,

Old Yeller, seriously? I’ve been semi-seriously considering doing it myself. The body shouldn’t be that hard to carve (esp. since the real thing is pretty rough – lumpy panels, big gaps, etc.) but the hang-up so far for me has been the front fenders. I suspect you will simply carve your own, but I’ve been playing around with adapting some leftover fenders from plastic kits. If you grind them down a bit and tilt them up, the fenders from an Hot Wheels ’34 delivery van are pretty close. You may already know this but the June 2004 issue of Vintage Racecar Journal had a feature article on the Mk II with lots of period pics. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    The Show So Far...

Originally posted by silverhelmet View Post
    driven by that guy that invented the water barrels. Anybody know who what I mean?
    You mean the Fitch Barriers... right?

At the moment the new molds are completed but I've had a hang-up. I had to replace the fridge and put a thermostat in the Audi this month. I haven't had the spare change to put towards fresh resin to get casting. I hate it when real life intrudes on my hobby.

Ole Yaller is progressing. I'm still in the drawing stage as I go about taking the 1/43rd scale beast to 1/32nd. Further along (drawing-wise) is the 430 Ferrari Mexico, and the Huffaker Healey Special. The latter two are in the queue for sometime after Ole Yaller.

Stay tuned

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• silverhelmet
    replied
    So, our buddy Gman went and built an Ecurie Ecosse Jag in his spare time. Nice job! I'm kinda anxious to get aholt of one of those C types meself and make the silver number 100 from Watkins Glen driven by that guy that invented the water barrels. Anybody know who what I mean?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X