The Basics For The Allard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Basics For The Allard

Below is a shot of the modified Scalextric Caterham chassis which is under the prototype Allard,

Above is a bottom shot of the Prototype, ready for fitting to the chassis.

Above is the completed prototype. The kit comes with the main body which is slosh cast, the front fenders, 2 hood blisters, one to build a Cadillac engine car, one to build a Chrysler Hemi engine car, a modern steering wheel (the original hand made master didn't survive). The kit also includes a gas filler cap and headlamps (though I recommend using the headlamps from the Caterham... they're already chromed) instructions and decals set to build the pictured car.

The kit sells for $45 plus Priority shipping ~$7.

Greenman62
    Last edited by greenman62; 09-22-2010, 04:29 PM.

Tempting. I collect Targa Florio cars, and Sydney Allard ran a J2 model in the 1950 Targa. I've never seen a picture of that car. How might this one compare?

Comment

Originally posted by jmswms View Post
      Tempting. I collect Targa Florio cars, and Sydney Allard ran a J2 model in the 1950 Targa. I've never seen a picture of that car. How might this one compare?
      The J2 is quite similar to the J2X. Differences are that the rear deck is more rounded and shorter on the J2 than on the J2X.

I believe that Allard's cars were BRG (though which particular iteration of green I really can't say). His LeMans car was BRG with a hood blister similar to but about 1/4 the length of Wacker's Cad Allard (the red car pictured) and it had an extra set of driving lights on either side of the grille.

Here's a shot of my take on the Tom Cole's J2 I built for the Mini Mille Miglia in 2009. It was done by bending down the rear of the casting in hot water and modifying the rear deck and fender openings. If you want to make a J2 of your own let me know when you order and I'll add extra resin to the back of the casting.

Here's the J2X again for comparison

Greenman62
      Last edited by greenman62; 09-23-2010, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Targa Florio Allard

Here's a link I found that has photos of a model of the Targa Florio Allard J2

http://www.allardregister.org/storag...F2MM51_435.pdf

Greenman62

Comment

Originally posted by greenman62 View Post
          Here's a link I found that has photos of a model of the Targa Florio Allard J2

http://www.allardregister.org/storag...F2MM51_435.pdf

Greenman62
          Thanks for the link!!!

I attended and saw your Allard model at the MMM in 2009. It was really is a special model. Looks like a lot of work to create a good Targa model from your casting, but I certainly will put it on the list of things I'd like to do (or have done). I certainly would love to have a J2.

Warm wishes,
          Bill

Comment

Allards available?

Because if they are I'd like to order one.
            Pat Rolland

Comment

me to if they are still available!

Comment

Working...
              X