Old Yeller II... first peek

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Yeller II... first peek

I told you I would post again when I had something to show... Keep in mind that this is just just a "rough" I still have a looooonnng way to go before it sees latex and resin. I think, however it's beginning to look familiar.

Stay tuned...

Greenman62

Greenman,

It's looking good! Wish I had some modeling skills...

Can't wait to see the continuing progress on Ol' Yeller....!

David

Comment

This is very exciting! Keep up the excellent work Greg, can't wait to see more.

Pete

Comment

Great cars, I've got a pic of Crikey sitting in one at Laguna Seca. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I'm glad to see you've taken on the challenge of this wonderful racer. I eagerly await seeing the fruits of your labor.

Hayes

Comment

Great so far. What kind of wood are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post
              Great so far. What kind of wood are you using?
              I know some folks use balsa but I've always felt it was too soft for the long run of repeated mold making. My "weapon of choice" is basswood. Basswood is one of the hard woods which is really stable and has a tight grain. I shape the master to close to what I want then coat the surface with marine epoxy varnish and do the final shaping and fine detail in a harder surface. I can inlet details like the grille, louvers and etc. into the hardened basswood surface like I did when I was made my black powder wheellock. Basswood isn't cheap but it does hold up well over time. I've made two subsequent latex molds for the Allard with no loss of detail in the master.

Grennman62
              Last edited by greenman62; 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X