Kastner Brophy Vitesses...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenman62
    started a topic Kastner Brophy Vitesses...

Kastner Brophy Vitesses...

I have a very limited run of "Kastner's Candy Box" Triumph Sport Six Trans Am car available for $27 USD plus shipping ~$7. I've made some mods and repaired the master of this rare race car which comes with a decal set.

If Interested, please PM me.

TIA,
    Greenman62

• DrDiff
    replied
    Thanks Greg! You've been a tremendous help in this project!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    They are Penelope Pitlane PPCB wheels and PPMT tires. I got them from Pendles

Greg

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    Where did you source the tires for the car in this picture? I like the stance of the car.

Originally posted by greenman62 View Post
    I ordered some from Paul G. But unfortunately the ones I ordered are far too tall in the sidewall.

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    Originally posted by GT6 View Post
    TransAm bound Vitesse body arrived yesterday. Looks great . Man is it narrow - I thought the Lancia was skinny, but this Sport 6 has it beat by about 4mm. This IS gonna be a challenge.

cheers
    Scott

PS @ DrDiff - BWA 13" wheels and inserts work great, I use Paul G Rev/Mon tires with them.
    The Sebring chassis will fit... oops! I gotta takes some pix for ya! I'll do it later today

Greg

Leave a comment:

• GT6
    replied
    TransAm bound Vitesse body arrived yesterday. Looks great . Man is it narrow - I thought the Lancia was skinny, but this Sport 6 has it beat by about 4mm. This IS gonna be a challenge.

cheers
    Scott

PS @ DrDiff - BWA 13" wheels and inserts work great, I use Paul G Rev/Mon tires with them.
    Last edited by GT6; 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    I got it today. I am cleaning it up. Thank God I have a dremel! I am going to need 13 inch wheels though...

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    Since you're planning to cut it up anyway... I have a blem casting (there's a large bubble bisecting the passenger side B pillar and some other minor flaws). You can have it for $15 plus shipping.

Greenman62
    You Have PayPall...

number 2DU93614F0097783D

Ship to the address in the notes of the PayPal

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDiff View Post
    I'm looking at this for the Super Little Open Proxy.

4.57 inches length that is VERY close.

Close enough that a little creativity might just work if it was cut at the back of the drivers door and shortened that 0.1 inch.

The width... 1.89 hmm That calls for some fender flares or a full Groupe 5 body kit to push it out that extra .0.2 inches.

SLOP has been full of these types of scratch built cars.
    And SLOP encourages such body modifications that I mentioned!
    Okay I see you are undeterred... The cost of the casting is $27 + $7 shipping (Priority).

Since you're planning to cut it up anyway... I have a blem casting (there's a large bubble bisecting the passenger side B pillar and some other minor flaws). You can have it for $15 plus shipping.

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    Super Little Open Proxy

I'm looking at this for the Super Little Open Proxy.

4.57 inches length that is VERY close.

Close enough that a little creativity might just work if it was cut at the back of the drivers door and shortened that 0.1 inch.

The width... 1.89 hmm That calls for some fender flares or a full Groupe 5 body kit to push it out that extra .0.2 inches.

The dimensions for the car are:
    Length 4.57"
    Width 1.89"
    Height1.39"
    Interior width 1.58"

...SNIP... A slotit inline pod would fit but you'd have to scratch build a chassis. ...SNIP...
    SLOP has been full of these types of scratch built cars.
    And SLOP encourages such body modifications that I mentioned!

The Vitesse is a very small car

Greenman62
    Last edited by DrDiff; 08-11-2012, 06:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    The box is 3D. 2.25" wide 4.5" long and 1" high anything over the 1 inch tall mark can stick out.

Cars can be modified to fit Shortened, Channeled etc.

You said it was OK width but length was way over... How long is it?

Cant help but think that a un-modified body would be very cool with a HRS II under it.

The dimensions for the car are:
    Length 4.57"
    Width 1.89"
    Height1.39"
    Interior width 1.58"

Keep thinking... An HRSII will NOT fit under it. A slotit inline pod would fit but you'd have to scratch build a chassis which for the Trans AM Proxy race is against the rules.

Heck, an MRRC Sebring chassis needs mods to fit under it. The Vitesse is a very small car

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    The box is 3D. 2.25" wide 4.5" long and 1" high anything over the 1 inch tall mark can stick out.

Cars can be modified to fit Shortened, Channeled etc.

You said it was OK width but length was way over... How long is it?

Cant help but think that a un-modified body would be very cool with a HRS II under it.
    Last edited by DrDiff; 08-10-2012, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    do you have any left? would it fit in a box measuring 2 1/4" by 4 1/2"?
    You're missing a dimension... either that or the "box" is an envelope... BTW... no it won't fit (just barely side to side not at all lengthwise)

Yeah, I can cast you up one... I'm going on "per order" so I don't have a bunch laying about.

Greenman62
    Last edited by greenman62; 08-09-2012, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrDiff
    replied
    do you have any left? would it fit in a box measuring 2 1/4" by 4 1/2"?

I have a very limited run of "Kastner's Candy Box" Triumph Sport Six Trans Am car available for $27 USD plus shipping ~$7. I've made some mods and repaired the master of this rare race car which comes with a decal set.

If Interested, please PM me.

TIA,
    Greenman62

Leave a comment:

• greenman62
    replied
    Originally posted by redsn8k View Post
    How much to do a recast? What type of chasis did you use? PP? Are they BWA wheels?
    The body is a slosh casting... the chassis is from Beardog the wheels are BWA 32000-062 (with the 1/16" hole) in the rear BWA are 32002-093

The price for the Ferrari is $24 + shipping and includes wind screen and wheel inserts. The oil canister, exhaust and intake stacks were scratch built

Greenman62

Leave a comment:

Working...
X