Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olifer Chassis index (updated on 10-13-2016)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I had both versions but I only have the later one. After looking things over I don't think it will take much cutting to make the chassis fit. BTW it would be nice to have some tray interiors for these cars.

Comment

I just got my first Olifer chassis, the one for the Ferrari 365 GTB.

Very nice. A bit of sanding here and there, mostly at the nose. The body post mounts are a bit too long on mine, but still works. Also, the rear post mount is shallower internally than the fly chassis, so a shorter screw is needed.

I will buy more.

Comment

Originally posted by Modlerbob View Post
        I thought I had both versions but I only have the later one. After looking things over I don't think it will take much cutting to make the chassis fit. BTW it would be nice to have some tray interiors for these cars.
        Hi Bob, it's not that difficult to modify the chassis, but we should be releasing the GT1-Evo chassis in 2-3 weeks if you prefer. We're also working on vacform interiors for several models - we'll keep you updated!

Originally posted by redlynr View Post
        I just got my first Olifer chassis, the one for the Ferrari 365 GTB.

Very nice. A bit of sanding here and there, mostly at the nose. The body post mounts are a bit too long on mine, but still works. Also, the rear post mount is shallower internally than the fly chassis, so a shorter screw is needed.

I will buy more.

Hi redlyner, nice to know that you're happy with our chassis!

Regarding the pody posts length, there's a tolerance in the printing process and it could make a small difference... Fly bodies are also known for some variations that could affect it as well.
        When you have assembled the car, we'd be happy if you could share some pictures in the Customer's Builds post!

Comment

New models added

As you can see on the first post, chassis for Fly's Panoz Esperante GTR-1 and Porsche 911 GT1 EVO (97) are already available!

Comment

Fly Lola B98/10

I have one with a broken chassis and would like to see it back on track. Any chance one would be coming soon????

Comment

A Fly Ferrari 250LM chassis would be nice.

Comment

I 2nd and 3rd that on the 250lm

Comment

But Doc, then it won't be eligible for points racing in that series as we are only counting class one cars. That being said a podded car with an 18K motor is a blast to drive. I ordered a Racer 250Lm body and am going to mount it on a Clubman chassis and see how it runs. I like my XK120 in that class a lot, but the wider footprint on the 250LM is a big plus too.

Comment

Hey my jag works ok. been playing with 250lm and just can not get the rear to stick to the track. going to try few more things on it. but it would be nice to have another chassis out there to try. is the racer body wider than the fly?

Comment

250LM - Lots of Fly's to convert and one (correct) long-nose MRRC LeMans Winner!

Comment

Yeah Doc, it is about like Fly's GT40 or the 908 Porsche. I'm very happy with my Jag too, but there is something about the shape of the 250LM that I really like. I'll try to remember to bring my Fly 250LM next time. I've lowered it and it holds the track very well, but the wider track cars just out handle it in the curves.

Comment

Upcoming releases

The MRRC and Fly 250LM bodies certainly deserve some Olifer chassis to race against their better performing opponents, so we are already working on it!

Comment

that is great to hear.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! And as long as were at it -- the 250LM' also competed against the 365P2's -with lovely bodies avail from Carrera!!! And dare I ask for a Huracan???

Enough for now--

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Alcopa View Post
                                Thanks guys!!! And as long as were at it -- the 250LM' also competed against the 365P2's -with lovely bodies avail from Carrera!!! And dare I ask for a Huracan???

Enough for now--

Steve
                                Those two Carrera models were already on our list! As the Huracan body might be a bit heavy and its rear body posts are in a difficult position, the Ferrari 365 P2 should be available sooner!

Comment

Working...
                                X