Welcome to qm bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to qm bodies

SCI would like to welcome a New Resin Manufacturer to the Forum.

Their first offering is a resin castings of a 1/32 Genie MkVIII.

I am sure they will post up more information as soon as they can.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

That looks like a great candidate for a brass n sidewinder pod chassis.
    Last edited by shortland17; 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

And something to race against all those King Cobra's and Lotus 30/40's !!!!!

Steve

Comment

qm?

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Alan for getting this started. First a note about the name. This is all Scott Smith's fault.
        Some of you may remember NOISYMUSE ... the name Scott used to sell our Cunningham C4R (I did the master and Scott did the molding.) So when I decided to try to sell some bodies, Pete N. suggested that I use "quietmuse." I checked with Scott who thought it was fine name, but told me that NOISYMUSE is always in CAPS and so quiet muse is always in lower case. I am not sure that my wife and daughter would agree with the "quiet" part ... !

So as Alan mentioned ... the first body offered is a Genie Mk VIII. The master was done in England by Martin Field and Steve Francis did the slush casting. It requires some cleaning up, etc... but makes into a nice car. I should have a very few available either as painted bodies or as RTRs.

qmbodies will be focusing on sports racing cars from the late 40s to the early 60s. My goal is to offer cars that heretofore have not been offered in 1/32 scale.

The next body will be an 860 Monza Ferrari. I will post pictures of the 1:1 car later, when we are closer to having the body ready. It has been carved but is not yet in production. It will be a bit more expensive than the Genie as it will have photo-etched parts.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please let me know. And I will be back with more information on the Ferrari. I also should be receiving some more Genie bodies in about four weeks.

all my very best

Chuck

And thanks again Alan!!

Comment

Images help.

Hi Chuck,

Great to be able to help you reach SCI Members with this latest project.
          If you have images maybe add a few here. If you need help in that regard, send them to me and I can put them up for you
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Will unpainted bodies of the Genie Mk VIII be available?

Rusty

Comment

Genie Picture

Hi

yes .. actually all the bodies will be available unpainted in basic kits:

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...1&d=1360904028

The basic kit is 34.95 plus postage (4.95 US).

(The kit includes inserts that fit Penelope Pitlane wheels. It does not include a driver figure.)

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

Painted Genies

Hi

I will get some more (better) photos up later. These two are being prepared for Model Car Racing, if I ever get them done. The white one has had the rear deck modified for exhausts that go out the deck and not the rear.

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

I have seen pictures of the Ferrari 860 master.......beautiful is an understatement.

They are the work of a master of masters and worth the $$ being asked.

Comment

What kind of chassis will fit?

Comment

chassis

HI

The kit comes with separate body mounting posts. You glue those in to fit the chassis you would like to have in the car. That said, I hopefully will have pictures up by the end of the long weekend with two bodies mounted on the MRRC Sebring chassis. That works fairly well. The mounting posts have to be modified in the back of the car. It is all pretty tight. One car is using Penelope Pitlane wheels and the other is using MRRC plastic wheels. I like this chassis because with the hypoid gears, the motor sits fairly low.

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

any chance of a crossle 7s or 9s
                        Last edited by weewillie; 02-15-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Crossel

Hi

Not right away .. but we certainly could think about it. To be honest, some of the problem is just finding the data ... plans ... or the opportunity to measure a car. I will put it on my list. And I will keep my eyes out for data, etc.

all my very best

Chuck

PS if you have some dimensions .. that would be great! The company seems to have a very nice website.

Comment

Chuck, best of luck with this new endeavor. I really like your stated choice of subjects to focus on. I remember seeing your master for the Cunningham at Iceman's when your were working on it, and if your new bodies are up to that quality, you should have great success.

Jim

Comment

Chuck, best of luck with your endeavor. Your Cunningham was wonderful. The Genie too. Almost have it done. Built up a brass sindwinder chassis to fit. Best of luck with the Ferrari. Regards, John

Comment

Working...
                              X