Welcome to qm bodies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI John,

Thanks so much for your message. Would love to see pictures when the car is done.

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

Yes! a resin Genie Mk. 8

Hi, Chuck -

Thanks so much for the Genie Mk. VIII Quiet Muse 1/32 resin body project. I'm an old-timer slot car enthusiast who attended Norcal sports car races beginning in the early 60s (and who just stumbled onto a web reference to the SCI model Genie discussion. I must get ahold of at least one of these. In June 1963 I saw Pedro Rodriguez drive the original #448 red Genie 8-Chevy (DNF) at the Laguna Seca USRRC won by Chuck Parsons in a Lotus 23. Pedro was coming off a victory at Kent which was the first major win for the Mk. 8. Later saw him drive the blue #166 car. I also enjoyed watching Dave Ridenour and Paul Reinhart race their Mk. 8's at numerous events.

Incidentally, I think I may have purchased one of your Ferrari 860 bodies a few days ago on ebay, but I'm out of town for a few days and haven't taken delivery. Just became a member here. Now I have to learn how to contact you (private messages?) to arrange purchases. Thanks...

Richie

Comment

Any update on QM and availability of bodies?

Comment

update!

Hi Everyone .. and sorry to be silent for so long. So a bit of an update.
          I am trying to get together the various cars we offered over time in one form or another. So a short recap and then where we are now. With "Noisy Muse" we had the Cunningham C-4R (1952) and then I did the initial master for Penelope Pitlane's Devin SS. Then we have the Genie Mk VIII and the Ferrari 860 Monza.

In the near future, I will be trying to get all of this sorted out. In theory, all of the above bodies will be available through qm bodies. (Steve Ward of PP graciously gave me permission to offer the Devin) At the moment I have a couple of Genie bodies where I have ground out some of the resin and sprayed with Tamiya primer. (These were slush cast and needed quite a bit of work, so I wanted to get the process started.) I also will be have a few more of the Ferraris available. Just waiting for a resupply of white metal parts. In theory, the Cunnigham, the shell at least, will be available as well as the Devin.

Future Cars: I have been trying some 3D printing. So far the results are pretty rough, but hope to be able to offer two small French cars in the coming months. These will be very simple kits. They are to scale, but will require a bit of work. The cars are a DB Panhard LeMans 1951 and a Panhard X84 LeMans 1952. I hope to have some other sports racing cars of the 1950s in the future.

Finally, the major project is taking shape. It is a car I had hoped to be ready soon, but it will probably be June or July. It is an American Sports Racer from the 1950s. Not a homebuilt. It is a bit of a complicated shell and we are going to have get casting problems sorted out.

I hope this is helpful. As some of you know, work and family have to take priority. So things are going a bit slower that I would have liked.

If you are interested in any of the above shells, let me know.

thanks very much

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

Genie body

Chuck,

What's the status of your proposed Genie bodies?

Jim

Comment

Hello Jim.
              I have been doing some casting for QM and know that Charles has been really busy lately. He may not see your question here and looking at the date of his latest post??
              Two models that I have worked on for him in recent months have been the Ferrari 860 and a 1951 Borgward.
              The Genie was an earlier edition that was produced before my involvelment. He may well have some stock lying around. If you want one your best bet is an email. PM me for that if you wish.

Comment

I had to do this:

[YOUTUBE]HqOHyVay1QY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

More like this...

Comment

Looks way better than my Borgward.

Comment

I'm looking for the Genie body that was running in 1965 with a Chevy engine and driven by Jerry Grant. I'm attempting to do the great sports racing cars that ran in the USRRC and early Can Am events. While Lola's and Chaparrals are plentiful, the lesser known Lotus 19s Genies, and Coopers are more difficult to find, especially in their 1965/66 trim.

Comment

HI Jim
                        would you email me at [email protected] I think I at least have a body and a screen. The bodies were slush cast so they are thick. Thanks, all my very best, Chuck Also, thanks to John for posting the Borgward photos, the '57 version will be coming as well!

Comment

nice looker...!

...good to hear news of you Charles, I see you are into excellent work.

So many shells, so little time....

Comment

so many bodies

Thanks Max .... yes ... two Borgwards coming. Then I need to carve a Veritas and will be looking for some help with louvers ... :-)

hope you are doing well ...

all my very best

chuck

if anyone is interested in Borgwards ... [email protected]

and I will try to post some photos when they are ready!

Comment

Still on board....

....for Veritas louvers!

Hope all's well.

best,

Max

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck*Seattle View Post

Finally, the major project is taking shape. It is a car I had hoped to be ready soon, but it will probably be June or July. It is an American Sports Racer from the 1950s. Not a homebuilt. It is a bit of a complicated shell and we are going to have get casting problems sorted out.

Chuck
                                Hmmmm - interesting - The 50's were my era of active involvement so I'm rolling old tapes;

You already have the Cunningham and the Devin, Old Yeller and the Flying Shingle (Anglo-American hybrid) were one-off home builts, there were a number of engine swaps (remember the Bandini Offy) The Kaiser Darrin and the Nash Healey were around (in very small number) but, to my knowledge,were never raced. All I can come up with is the Crosley Hot Shot, the Kurtis Kraft and the Arnolt Bristol (yes, all of the parts and assembly were overseas but the "manufacturer" was American)

When will it be revealed?

EM

Comment

Working...
                                X