Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Ferrari Monza 860

HI Everyone,

This is a preview of our next car, the Ferrari Monza 860. Martin Field did the master, Graham Poulton is doing the casting. The first 15 just out of the molds!

It will be a bit before they are available. Graham is now doing the windscreens, but this kit will come with photo etches. We are waiting on the photo etches. I am guessing that the kits will be available towards the end of July. Price is not yet set, but with the photo etches, it will be a bit more than the Genie ($44.95?)

In any case ... do let me know if you would like me to reserve one.

all my very best

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck*Seattle; 05-22-2013, 07:32 PM.

PM sent. That looks very nice indeed. John

Comment

I'm glad I have my name down for one too.
      If Martin did the master and Graham P has done the casting then it will be good, very very good.

Comment

Merceds

Put me down for 1 also.

Comment

I can't resist that

Put me down for one at least. While you have the bodies, can you give us some measurements?
          I'd like to know the track, wheelbase and raw weight. Wondering if one of the Ninco classic chasses fits or some others. Don

Comment

Hi
            When I get the bodies, I will send out the dimensions and the weight. It will not be particularly light. The mounting posts are intended for the MRRC Sebring chassis, but others should fit as well. More ... hopefully fairly soon.

thanks

Chuck

Comment

Hi Chuck, any word on the bodies? I'm interested in buying one.

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul these kits are available. My apologies if the word did not get out. (I believe I put the information on another thread.) Would you like one? 54.95 plus postage. thanks

all my very best

Chuck

Comment

resin 860

chuck
                  mark here,if this body is still available would you let me in on the details? (dimensions, cost and payment options plz)

Comment

Mark, to SCI, please check your email for messages.

Comment

PM sent, very interested.

Comment

860 Monza

Hi. A couple of kits are available. Will post info this evening. Thanks. Chuck

Comment

Hello Charles, how is the 290 progressing?

Comment

Ferrari Monza 860 and 290MM

HI Everyone ...

So I am going to try to answer some questions and will post some pictures later.

1. I have a few as in 2-3 Monza 860s left. This is a resin body with photo etch and white metal parts. No decals or driver. It is a tad wide at 2.15" ... The kit is 54.95, but if you send me 56.00, I will pay for the rest of priority postage within the US! My Paypal address is: [email protected]

2. The next car (this is after the DB Panhard) is the Ferrari 290mm. It is a major modification of the 860 including narrowing the body, a different rear end, opening up side vents, reshaped grill, reshaped lights, etc. There has been a slight delay on this as we realized that the hood panel lines were off. Those are being fixed and the first ten kits will be cast and sent my way shortly. I hope to have them available the last part of October. Not sure of the price. It will have fewer fancy parts so it may be slightly cheaper than the 860.

What you may not want to know but is the reality of doing this is that I am not breaking even ... but want to continue offering bodies. (Not the greatest business model.) The next car after the Ferrari is a Panhard X84 .. sort of a companion to the DB insofar as it is from the early 50s. Then, and this has become a real headache so we are not sure we can cast it, a Corvette Sebring SS 1957. This brings "qm" back to the American theme of the Devin, Genie, etc. So more on all of this later.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

all my very best

chuck ... and I will try to post some pictures on Friday and Saturday

Comment

Good things take time but somehow you must recover costs....I can guess at some of your expenses.

Comment

Working...
                              X