X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Razor

Hi all you slot car crazy folks out on SCI channel

I am scrjon, Jon is the name me mom gave me

Well as a lot have noticed I got a new spot here on manufactures corner on our great past time SCI

This thing was never planned, the first Tire Machine I made, because I could not afford a big name brand machine, later I posted a simple shop drawing and started getting PMs everyday from guys that wanted me to build them a machine so I talked to Alan and to keep everything within the rules, I became a paying SCI member

Now I have a bit of money tied up into this little toy not to say a lot of time.

After a small time I showed a puller I built 5 years ago and had someone tell me that there was not a large puller out to change gears on a double pinion motor so I built one it has taken off so fast they sell faster than I can make them but this week I am trying to get 5 more Razors done and have a lathe attachment in the works that I want to have ready by summer, with this lathe you will be able to turn down stock plastic wheels into wheel inserts for your after market wheels

my puller no longer selling pullers thx
    the Razor sells for 150.00 USD shipped to lower 48

My razor is made from T60-61 aircraft aluminum
    the stripper bolts are made to very close tolerance in the USA
    the tapered springs are made just for the Razor
    And its all made in USA

Thanks for watching
    Jon
    Last edited by scrjon; 04-29-2014, 10:39 PM.

I hope I'm still next on the list for the next Razor

Kelly!

Comment

yes sir hope to ship Monday hope that is lol

Comment

I would be interested in one of these also Jon. Do you have pictures of a finished one?

Comment

Jon,

Your Razor sounds like an interesting tool. The ability to turn down plastic wheels to make inserts really would make it a must have for guys like me who want stock inserts. Please keep us posted.

Comment

i do have a few shots

here its truing the tires from a ninco hummer

Comment

Originally posted by The Professor View Post
              Jon,

Your Razor sounds like an interesting tool. The ability to turn down plastic wheels to make inserts really would make it a must have for guys like me who want stock inserts. Please keep us posted.
              well it was guys like you that gave me the idea and thanks

Comment

here is a puller next to a carrera F-1, big in is'nt it

Comment

I recently received my Tire Razor and gear puller, and both are top notch. Well crafted, high accuracy (low tolerance) and strong. I've already trued some tires with great success, and will be pulling my first gear today with no worries. American made, and at a great price, they really can't be beat. Normally I'd hope that everyone interested order right away, but I don't want poor Jon to not see his wife and kids for weeks at a time. ;-) So, keep the orders coming, but remember he's one man building a couple great tools. Your tools will come, and when they do, they'll be worth the wait.

Comment

3 new Razors done paypal requests sent waiting for e-mail from 1 guy
                    Thanks for watching the Tire Razor
                    Jon

Comment

Did I ever tell you how much I like me Tire Razor?
                      IT IS FLIPPING WONDERFUL !

I built a car a while back......

and the better half of 2FER SLOTS became attached,real possessive,not to be loaned out.
                      Somehow it had a little crash and was never quite the same,just wouldn't go like it used too.
                      Today I decided to sort the car out and try to find the problem.
                      After driving some laps and getting the car to speed I could see the front end was hopping when the car really got rolling. I took it apart chucked the front axle assy. into my Tire Razor and saw the problem.....bent wheel or axle. I trued the wheel remounted the tires and sanded them,then did the rear axle,same way. You can hear it smooth out .
                      I checked UR3.0 specs fastest time was 10.746 on our 80ft track,just got done running for a while to try the car out...... 9.67 sec plus way quieter and smoooooth.
                      Should be fun for her to drive again.
                      Thanks jon
                      Fastest time

Comment

How much for the gear puller and Razor, shipped to UK? I can pay in dollars using PayPal.

Regards
                        Steve

Comment

I will have to get back to you on this, as I never thought much about international sales but will find out and let you know

Comment

Originally posted by scrjon View Post
                            I will have to get back to you on this, as I never thought much about international sales but will find out and let you know
                            Jon, Will you have a new batch ready soon?

Thanks,
                            Brian

Comment

I will have 10 Razor's by next week hopefully if it all comes together I farmed out a few parts to a local shop and I am waiting for all the stuff to finish
                              I also have 7 pullers ready

Comment

Working...
                              X