Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best tire

what tires do you run on what tracks?

I like the scally super tires on my carrera track but with over 100 cars most cars are just trued stock tires, and its hard to get stuff here

what do you use? and what did not work

From the various proxies that have been run, it seems that the Super Tire is the most widely used. I run on wood and the club I belong to uses mostly NSR Ultra Grips or Paul Gage urethanes.

Comment

NSR Ultra and Super Grips run great on wood/flat latex and plastic track and fit a variety of Slot.it and Fly Classic wheels. They don't need a pristine clean track to hook up and sand easily. I use polyurethane Gorilla Glue to glue them to the rim.

Comment

My track is MDF painted with latex paint, for a long time the only thing that worked consistently was urethanes, then Geno showed up with an NSR, and we found their rubber tires worked very good also. I decided to try a proxy race and saw that Super Tires wre the way to go I had to use some of them and found they work well here also, but SlotIt S1 or S2 are all but useless here, when I first built the track all sillies were bad, the only thing I can think of why Super Tires are working now is that rubber tires are slightly abrasive, and all the laps with NSR tires has smoothed the groove a bit to let sillies work better

Jon, you mentioned Scaley super tires, are those Scaley's silicone tires, or Super Tires for a scaley ? just wondering.

Fred

Comment

Hey Fred I used
          Scaley brand silicone tires the old mix that trues easy and breaks when you put them on, at least the 2 sets I bought did, one set went on easy the other set ripped in half but I got them real cheap at the swap meet

Comment

Ok

Comment

Hey Alan

what about the rest of you guys, tell us what you use. Hey Alan with a store full of great products to use what tire do you use? On plastic and wood

Comment

when my track (wood with flat latex paint) is clean, silicone tires are the way to go. i use S2's where they will fit, and indy grips/maxtracs on the others. i also use paul gage urethane, which hooks up pretty well. it would likely work just as good as the sillies if i didn't mix the two.

i recently tried scale auto foam tires, and it makes my no mag wood track cars feel like magnet cars. way better grip than any other tire i have tried. it's fun to see the cars flying around at such a high rate of speed, but they are too grippy for my taste.

Comment

On my wood track I prefer S2s where they fit and Super Tires on my others cars.

Comment

I either use our own homemade urethanes, or NSR rubber. I just resurfaced my track (some pics in my gallery) and I might switch to SCC sillys since they have a real good selection, and seam to hook up well, and they last forever. I have close to 100 cars and am getting tired of replacing rubber, it's getting expensive, and time consuming.

Oh ya I run on wood @ 10V, track surface is flat latex paint.

Geno
                    Last edited by geno; 08-18-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

On my track which is MDF w/latex paint, Yellow Dogs work well. However, to echo what rixvette said, the guys in our club made me a believer in Paul Gage urethanes. They really hook up nicely.

Comment

any plastic track guys change tires?

Comment

Carrera Digital 132 track located in Australia

Tried Maxxtrac - Silicon
                          Indy Grip - Silicon
                          Both very good on my track
                          Also tried
                          Paulgg132 from Canada Urethane
                          Also good

Best so far though has been MJK Urethane

Cheers

Comment

thats a good amount of tire swapping mate and great info thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scrjon View Post
                              any plastic track guys change tires?
                              I use Slot Car Corner Super Tires and Maxxtrac's on my Scalextric track.

Comment

Working...
                              X