Spare parts avaliability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare parts avaliability

Sir, I have had and used my tire razor for over a year and I am very happy with it. This machine fills a void to true tires on plastic rims that my JK truer can not do. My problem is that I have lost all of the paper work that came with my razor and I would like to get about three more of the pieces that you attach the sandpaper to. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Hello Mayberryman

You need extra sanding blocks, they are $10.00 each and I can put your choice of 3 grits, 220, 600, and 1500

If you don't have a wheel buddy you might want one of these as well, the wheel buddy is a sanding block that has a special end on it to true all those surfaces of a plastic ribbed wheel

Extra pulleys are $15.00 for 3\32 or 1\8

any order over $30.00 gets you free shipping

my email is [email protected]

hope this helps
    Jon

Comment

Is it possible to get the motor drive pulley's made in a smaller diameter? When reducing some makes of Rubber tires you have to reduce RPM to prevent gumballing. I often have to true one tire at a time because the motor doesn't have enough Torque to keep two tires spinning at low RPMS.

Yes I use water as a lubricant, but that reduces friction too much an it takes forever to reduce the diameter.Dry sanding reduces diameter much quicker, but motor doesn't have enough torque to keep two sticky tires spinning at a low RPM. NSR Ultragrips are difficult to reduce diameter on.

Comment

Originally posted by Coquitlam Kid View Post
        Is it possible to get the motor drive pulley's made in a smaller diameter? When reducing some makes of Rubber tires you have to reduce RPM to prevent gumballing. I often have to true one tire at a time because the motor doesn't have enough Torque to keep two tires spinning at low RPMS.

Yes I use water as a lubricant, but that reduces friction too much an it takes forever to reduce the diameter.Dry sanding reduces diameter much quicker, but motor doesn't have enough torque to keep two sticky tires spinning at a low RPM. NSR Ultragrips are difficult to reduce diameter on.
        What kind of amps is your power supply pushing?

I have made pulleys at .5" diameter I could make one for you. send me an email [email protected]

Comment

try high rpm and VERY VERY LOW PRESSURE, and never EVER let the sanding plate stop for a millisecond. Also, a very coarse grit. I use drywall sanding screen.

Comment

An adjustable power supply, not expensive, will let you true tires at 3 or 4 volts. I got mine from Micro Mark tool.

Comment

Originally posted by scrjon View Post
              What kind of amps is your power supply pushing?

I have made pulleys at .5" diameter I could make one for you. send me an email [email protected]
              Just a follow up on this. The problem was my Power Supply. I was using a 300w ATX Computer PS with supposedly 20 amps on the +12v rail. Then a Parma controller ( 15 Ohm resistor ) to modulate the speed. You would have thought that this would have worked properly... but apparently not.

I finally manged to fix an old MRC Tech II 2500 Train controller that I bought off of E-Bay for $15. Potentiometer was blown so I bought a 1K Ohm 1W wire wound Pot at a local electronics shop. Problem all fixed. Tire Razor motor has plenty of Torque now .

Comment

sometime with a computer power supply, one has to also put a pretty good load on the 5V output, which controls the pulse width of the main inverter. the 12V supply is slaved from that and won't be able to supply much current without doing that.

Comment

Working...
                X