Clear All

• TrueScale
    started a topic New bodies 1/32 Mclaren M6A Ferrari 330 P4

New bodies 1/32 Mclaren M6A Ferrari 330 P4

Mclaren M6A Body width 2.235" wheelbase 2.810"

Ferrari 330 P4 Body width 2.250" wheelbase 3.000"
    Part of the TrueScale 60ís Le Mans series
    Victor
    Last edited by TrueScale; 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM.

• mad_john
    replied
    Originally posted by gascarnut View Post
    That depends on how you apply it. I have used the Pactra rattle cans successfully on many of Victor's PETG bodies. You just have to lay it on very thin and dry, that's all. A little patience is required.
    That's how it is supposed to be used on Lexan, also, even though nobody does, even with an air brush!

Patto at Pattos Place recommends acrylic. Maybe he has a different PETG.

Leave a comment:

• gascarnut
    replied
    Originally posted by mad_john View Post
    I believe the Pactra rattle cans would harden PETG to the point the body would no longer be usable.
    That depends on how you apply it. I have used the Pactra rattle cans successfully on many of Victor's PETG bodies. You just have to lay it on very thin and dry, that's all. A little patience is required.

Leave a comment:

• mad_john
    replied
    It doesn't take too many rattle cans to break even, on that.

Leave a comment:

• ProfFate
    replied
    Hi

Last month, Harbor Frieght was running a sale on their dual action brush for 12 bucks. I have been using a high end brush for 40 years, but regularly replace the tips and such which cost MORE than the entire harbor freight brush, box, cups and everything. These are not as precise as my ink tip high end, but with the paints we use on bodies and the conditions, more than good enough.

Anyway, they have a package deal with a very quiet compressor and brush for about 70 bucks.

Fate

Leave a comment:

• mad_john
    replied
    Originally posted by gascarnut View Post
    Remember if you buy bodies from Victor, you may get the choice of Lexan or PETG, and it is generally not a good idea to spray PETG Bodies with polycarbonate paints, unless you lay it on very dry in thin coats.
    The rattle cans Pactra markets for poly want a carb is plain laquer and it does slightly craze the inside of those bodies. Since the crazing is inside, it isn't noticeable.

Doing PETG, get a cheap air brush, and use water based acrylic. Check Harbor Freight and Tools for a cheap air brush with a compressor. I believe the Pactra rattle cans would harden PETG to the point the body would no longer be usable.

So long,
    Mad John

Leave a comment:

• mad_john
    replied
    We have had "with my own eye" Truescale Racing Products items. They SPARKLE!

Most proxys ban vacuum or blow molded bodies. Let one proxy embrace them.

We should consider a proxy for modern clear plastic SCALE slot car bodies.

We posses some old butyrate that have shrunk to about 1/43rd scale. While they be not collectable, they would have an unfair advantage on a small track.

Should they be Lexan, or they be PETG, let the good times roll. How 'bout ancient RussKit?

Please see "Old Weird Herald" "Tech Tips & How To's" "Scratch Brass chassis-by Larry Shephard "

Patto might concur.

Are there any more?

So long,
    Mad John

P. S. Formula Libre...Anything goes...run what ya brung. Just like the old days, only 1/32nd scale! If someone has a real rocket, the proxy driver probably won't make the first turn, unless the venue is a "Blue King".
    Last edited by mad_john; 05-18-2011, 08:39 PM. Reason: Added "P. S. ..."

Leave a comment:

• gascarnut
    replied
    Tamiya have the PS-19 Camel yellow that I have used and it is pretty close to the original McLaren color.

Pactra have a Bright Yellow RC-285 that is also close, but every can that I have tried has sprayed badly and the paint has "clumped" on the way out the nozzle.

Remember if you buy bodies from Victor, you may get teh choice of Lexan or PETG, and it is generally not a good idea to spray PETG Bodies with polycarbonate paints, unless you lay it on very dry in thin coats.
    Last edited by gascarnut; 04-15-2011, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Morse
    replied
    Can anyone suggest a proper McLaren (spray) orange paint for lexan? Tamiya makes one, but it only works on plastic.

Leave a comment:

• Morse
    replied
    Excellent! Victor, you rock! When will the new bodies be on the site? Also, any plans for 1/32 Indy Cars? Would love to see some lexan roadsters, but this might be wishful thinking!

Leave a comment:

• TrueScale
    replied
    I added the measurements of the bodies to the photos.
    Victor

Leave a comment:

• Morse
    replied
    I agree. Wheelbase, dimensions, etc., would be great. These are fantastic bodies - I love them. I have found that the Slot it adjustable chassis fits the T163, but dimensions for all would be great. When will these be available? And the Lola t70? I keep checking the site, but nothing yet. Take my money.

Leave a comment:

• svanaken
    replied
    Very nice bodies. It would be very helpful if you'd also list the wheel base and track of these bodies so we can figure out what chassis would fit.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• rixvette
    replied
    Nice work. Great detail too.

Leave a comment:

• HarVWallbanger
    replied
    We need these Victor. Be sure to get some down to BPR please.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X