X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/32 slotter
    started a topic Shadow MKIII

Shadow MKIII

Hello.......How is your shadow coming along? You have been doing alot of can-am cars as of late. Any others on your work bench? I would be more than happy to send a wish list of cars that are not available through anyone else.

Joel

• xerxes
    replied
    rip ?

Leave a comment:

• 1/32 slotter
    replied
    Hello TrueScale.... Are the bodies ready yet? I need some can-am!!!!!!!

Joel

Leave a comment:

• mad_john
    replied
    How about a vacuum formed body only proxy? Concours d'Elegance would still apply. MESAC had some of the old butyrate bodies in their races, and we have read about how picky MESAC was.

Now, the question; scratch built chassis only, or scratch built and HRS, also?

Leave a comment:

• 1/32 slotter
    replied
    I agree Spa I prefer resin as well. Some cars just aren't available. At least true scales vacs are excellent quality. So back cast we must.

Joel

Leave a comment:

• Morse
    replied
    Here's a Shadow:[IMG]file:///Users/rodrothacher/Desktop/e0bb370af4f055939c2897688a53aa85_20716.jpg[/IMG]file:///Users/rodrothacher/Desktop/%...s.textClipping
    [IMG]file:///Users/rodrothacher/Desktop/e0bb370af4f055939c2897688a53aa85_20716.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/rodrothacher/Desktop/e0bb370af4f055939c2897688a53aa85_20716.jpg[/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Spa67
    replied
    I hope you do consider doing some of these in Resin. I know I'd find it hard not to buy the lot.

My club, and most of the other clubs I am familiar with, run hard bodies only. Vac-Forms are not allowed due to their lighter weight and fear that they will turn the hobby away from accurate model car racing.

Anyway, those bucks look great. If you do produce the Shadows and TI22 in PETG I'll most likely backcast them in resin myself. Still, I'd prefer a factory job.

Leave a comment:

• TrueScale
    replied
    Spa, most of my early patterns as in the photo above were to make resin casting rubber molds.

That explains the filled in wheelwells on these. I had plans for resin bodies, however the Vac bodies have take over my free time.

The patterns in the photo are some of my shelved projects from years ago that I started working on again.
    Victor

Leave a comment:

• Spa67
    replied
    Victor,

Have you ever considered doing some of these in resin?

Leave a comment:

• 1/32 slotter
    replied
    Hello Vic........So you were doing the non turbo MK III as well. Looks very good. Here is a pic of the one I have been working on.

I would really like to get my hands on the 1970 Shadow MK I. At least I would know the body would be true to scale if she came from you.

Can't wait to see your new ones in vac's.

Thanks for sharing: Joel

Leave a comment:

• TrueScale
    replied
    I found that my pattern for the MKIII was too wide. The real car is 77" wide.
    I had to correct it.

Here's the MKIII with some other works in progress 1/32 patterns
    Victor
    Last edited by TrueScale; 05-14-2011, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X