• Show
Clear All

• dpage44
    replied
    Do you know how to change the COM port?

Leave a comment:

• meecrob111
    replied
    What's the success rate of people using usb adaptors???? You mentioned there were blogs that discuss using an adaptor, do you have any links? Do you have info what operating systems work with an adaptor and how to config them?

I'm a computer tech.... I'm pretty handy with them. I understand you can only support what you designed the product for. I just may be willing to purchase a device even if it means I have to put it on the shelf if it doesn't work with the computer I have, and then look to purchase a low end race computer.

I'm not understanding the Remote Desktop solution. Are you saying remote into a pc that has the connections you offer? Are you suggesting a computer setup just for the lap track device, and then remote into it?

Leave a comment:

• VIASUE
    replied
    Reliable usb work around

Thanks for asking your questions and your visit to our web site :>)
    About your question: The Depending on the "software" part, when it comes to the use of usb adapters is this: We have found by random experiments with different configurations and adapter types, including the ones the software developers say could work.

The needed results of the adapter tests are far less than what our standards require to consider offering support. We feel any claims people make that usb adapters work with the "common hardware standards" used should support those claims, but not us at this time. It is only true for the fortunate few that adapters work reliably. Most need the right combination of windows, the right drivers for the ports involved, the correct memory address or the correct adapter type, the correct irq assignment...really the list goes on and on.

More Importantly From Our Point Of View It Is not Plug And Play.....which is always our goal !

THE GOOD NEWS IS: we think we have found a reasonable work around that is built into most windows pc's....IF NOT the download is free! Works with *Mobil Devises , *Android Phones, *Laptops...*WiFi or Hardwired to the race track pc via *network cable. This creates Race PC Access Options for multiple users via router / track managers / race managers. We are still picking at the bones and bench testing and listening to customer feedback and results. We are in our testing stages so at this time this Microsoft / Windows option is not supported, except by links to Microsoft / Blogs / Help Pages like the one above Etc.

The thing is this option is far more option embedded than just an adapter to usb. It does not change our hardware configurations , which are very reliable and supported, which is good for our clients. You do not even need a monitor unless you want one for the race pc...just boot up the race pc to the desktop, log on remotely to the race pc using Windows Remote Desktop Manager and stage races or manage results do print outs of winners certificates or race statistics or let drivers download their own track or club results. Far better than an adapter to USB that can or is problematic for more people than not.

This option is somewhat "Plug & Play".... in that, many or most Windows Versions and products that communicate with Windows support the process....set up the software on both or all devices log on to the race pc and stat racing.As mentioned this creates many options or choices much more powerful than adapters to USB.

Would an adapter cost less than a race pc and a laptop or smart phone or other mobile devices...It sure would but does the adapter work well reliably...and we really really wish it could work well reliably for everyone not just a few lucky people or people with great technical / windows know how to configure the adapter to their usb and the softwares liking....and lets not forget your version of windows must be compatable with the adapter to usb as well

Paul of VIASUE
    I / We hope this will help everyone...we think it is a robust work around
    Last edited by VIASUE; 08-26-2012, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meecrob111
    replied
    Maybe I am incorrect. This is what was written on the Viasue website:
    alternative connection types:
    Game Port (2 row 15 pin ) Connector - Com Port (2 row 9 pin ) Connector
    DEPENDING ON THE SOFTWARE USB TO ANY OF THE ABOVE CONNECTION TYPES

What does the "depending on the software usb to any of the above connection types" mean?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X