Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scalextric to Slot.it Guide Modifiers Available Now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric to Slot.it Guide Modifiers Available Now!

Hey everyone, we have them at 132slotcar.us

Scalextric to Slot.it Guide Modifiers

Package comes with three sizes 1/32, 1/16 and 3/32
    Part # B-NOVA

$4.99 per package!
    http://www.132slotcar.us/store/product_info.php?products_id=3832
    This Link will take you to our site!

Now THAT'S cool!!!

Comment

Sold out but more in this weekend.

Seems to be the way right now.
      Cars coming in and selling out as soon as they arrive.

Now this great repair, adaptor part.

But we will have plenty more in by the weekend so order away. The perfect way to repair your Scalextric car, and fit a deep guide.

This repair kit allows you to use the Slot.it Screw in type guides only, as supplied, not the plug in type.
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-19-2009, 07:23 AM.

Comment

The Guide post repair kit will work in Scalextric F1 cars.

These cars run very well, but as some who can afford to race them know, it is possible by over rotating the car aggressively to break the guide holder.

The B-NOVA guide post repair kit http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=3832 will work on these and many other cars to repair this damage.

You would then convert over to the Slot.it screw in type guide http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...roducts_id=614 or

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...roducts_id=617

and use lead wires like the Slot.it lead wires with eyelets to hold the braid in.

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...roducts_id=489

It is possible to use the Scalextric braid or the Slot.it braid designed for their guides.

http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=3640

There are other slot.it braid packs, this one is linked as an example.

I have used the B-NOVA Repair and modification kit on Scalextric F1, Le Mans, NASCAR and other styles. It is designed to repair or replace the latest type guide system from Scalextric with the disc replacement braids.
        http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=1457

It may be usable for other types of Slot cars, I have not tested that yet.

When fitting to some Scalextric Chassis you may need to open the guide post hole up at the top ( if it is still complete ) to fully insert the repair post.

Back to John's original post, these Scalextric Classic F1's run amazingly well and now you can push as hard as you like, you can fix the chassis if you break the guide post.

Last edited by Scaleracing; 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Repairing Scalextric F1 Classic Chassis, and others.

These slide into the existing Guide post hole ( if it still exists.) You would glue them in place then fit the replacement parts linked. If only part is still there glue to that part.

You could drill a small hole countersink it and bolt this piece to the chassis behind the guide post, I will get video up of the repair/replacement.
          It is a tremendous little part which changes the Scalextric line of cars into a way more drivable car ( non magnet )

Of course your opinion may vary, but I love the Scalextric Classic F1's with this part fitted and a slot.it guide.

Planning on selling 1,000,000 of them and retiring to Indianapolis where I can spend the day debating with Kurt about Classic Mini's.

Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

More of these coming in this weekend!

We sold out of these this week, but we will be getting some back in this weekend. If you place an order for some, we will most likely get that order out to on Monday.

Thanks, Suzy

Comment

what are you repairing

the guide or the guide holder ?

Comment

Repairing the Chassis

The guide hole or loop or

This part replaces the guide hole so you can fit the Slot.it screw in guide and convert to lead wires and a deeper guide.

It is a repair or modification part fits a good chassis with a little modification to the size of the top of the guide hole. If you no longer have a guide hole only half a hole ( Can you actually have half a hole ) then it replaces the guide hole where the Slot.it guide will fit in.

Can not easily be used with the stock Scalextric guide but then why would you want to do that.

Hope this helps, I need to post a Video of the mod/repair it is easy and a great fix.

Here is the link tyo images.

I used a Slot.it countersunk screw to hold in place.
                http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...7&postcount=33

Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-10-2010, 07:34 AM.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I need to post a Video of the mod/repair it is easy and a great fix.
                  Yeah, could you get that done by tomorrow lunchtime, there's a lot of people waiting on this.

Comment

Will these work on the old (push in) and the new (screw held) guides?

Comment

Now if someone could come up with one for SCX to Slot-It THAT would be great!

Comment

Designed to fix the last type chassis/guide combination but.

May work with some modification on the old chassis.
                        Those would take a plug in Slot.it guide anyway so not such a big issue.

Will these work on the old (push in) and the new (screw held) guides?
                        I have used the B-NOVA Repair and modification kit on Scalextric F1, Le Mans, NASCAR and other styles. It is designed to repair or replace the latest type guide system from Scalextric with the disc replacement braids.
                        http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=1457
                        Last edited by Scaleracing; 11-20-2009, 09:40 AM.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Great part!

I put a slot.it guide on first of several Scaley cars I have that have broken guides. Well, it took me longer to find the lead connectors and cut the braid then to install this adapter. The car in question is an Aston Martin DBR9 which I trued up the rear tires while I had the body off. Now it is just silly fast! The front is just stuck to the track now.

My only suggestion is to sell packages of five of the same size.

Thanks again to B-NOVA for making this and Alan for carrying it!

Cheers!
                          Paul

Comment

Packaging can change but which size?

Always looking for good feed back.

Which sizes are you all using and on which cars.

Happy Holidays

Comment

Hi Suzy - I wonder if it would be possible to sell 'tuneup kits', with a guide and a pair of silicone tires of the correct size? Maybe S2s could be the answer here, as they can stretch a bit and could fit over stock Scalextric wheels easily, have you tried this?

Comment

Working...
                              X