• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raybrig Honda HSV from Scaleauto

SC-6012 HSV-010 Super GT $74.99 Free shipping to U.S. and to Canada

Wow!!!

Comment

Well now. That looks better than all the pictures I've seen of this car so far. Very nice! Whoever photographed it really got it right.

Comment

It says sidewinder, but the video shows an anglewinder motor pod along with it. I'm assuming the anglewinder pod is an accessory and doesn't come with the kit.

Comment

Stock the Scaleauto GT Cars are side winder.

The RT3 chassis cars from Scaleauto can be set up Angle Winder or In Line but come stock with the Side Winder pod.
          These underrated cars with the RT3 chassis are very adjustable even guide length can be adjusted for tuning preference. Once set up the Scaleauto GT car range are very good handling cars. Even the body can be adjusted position wise with 4 jacking screws to set up ride height.
          Also I find the Scaleauto motors to deliver very good, drivable power.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.slotcarillustrated.com
          www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

One of the guys I race with has one of these Honda HSV's (Epson Livery) and it is a beauty to drive. One of the smoothest cars I think I have ever run.

Comment

Ahhh...just ordered one. Couldn't resist.

Comment

I got one used from a friend. I don't think he did anything to it, but it ran like a box of rocks (which is why he sold it to me cheap). The gear mesh was terrible, but after running it in for a while using some mild abrasive, it smoothed out and can actually be driven now. I think mine was a fluke, though. Others in my group who have these cars didn't have the same issue.

It sure is a great LOOKING car, and the set up flexibility is excellent, if a little daunting. I'm looking forward to racing these in anger at some point.

Comment

Someone today told me it'll take a slot.it motor pod. Is that correct?

I'm having visions of slapping a flat 6 rs into one, anglewinder style, then waiting patiently for a class to race it in.

Comment

yes it fits. I have done it to mine.

Comment

My next car!

Comment

Gear mesh issue not the norm.

I had not heard of any problems with gear mesh on the Honda from Scaleauto, however I am happy to warranty any parts required to fix a gear issue.
                        The Scaleauto pods offer more adjustability than the Slot.it types but you certainly can use them in a Scaleauto chassis.

Don't forget this excellent Build Up article for the Scaleauto Honda. Applies to all the RT3 type chassis cars from Scaleauto.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ighlight=honda
                        Last edited by Scaleracing; 06-01-2014, 05:03 PM.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.slotcarillustrated.com
                        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Gorgeous car, but a little frustrating at the start.

Picked this car up today, loved the look, I've liked running other cars by Scaleauto. Front bumper sat lower than the guide and dragged along the track so I placed the extra attachment to the chassis to correct it. Then, while I was tinkering, I swapped out the stock tires for Scaleauto foam tires, which became very interesting as one of the stock set screws was stripped. Swapped axles with a spare my father happened to have, got the tires positioned, discovered that both wheel wells rested firmly on the new wheels. Slipped a gear spacer in between to create a gap, but the left wheel well still pressed against the front edge of the tire and the armature presses against the right tire. After shaving a tiny amount of the wheel well to create a gap, I was finally able to get the car around the track, which ended up being satisfying enough to keep tinkering and get this car running smoothly. Gearing loosened up nicely and my lap times were almost a second lower than my preferred Slot-it car, although I had left the magnet in the Honda. Looking forward to running this car more, even though we had a rocky start.

Comment

I missed this! Sorry. Give me a call. 253 564 1445
                            There are lots of adjustments on these cars.

Theres a good post here: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=73460

Comment

Has anyone transformed one of these awesome cars from the stock sidewinder to an anglewinder? I am currently in the middle of it and I'm finding it's not as friendly of a conversion as I had expected.
                              So far to put the anglewinder pod in with a 25k SA long can motor the interior is going to have to be trimmed to allow the motor to fit. I'm going to have to remove a sizeable notch from directly below the driver.
                              Next the 12t SA pinion I am trying to use is rubbing on the SA sponge tires, 2008, I am trying to use. When I reposition it slightly it rubs the body. So seemingly those tires don't fit. The stock wheels and tires will fit but allow for less than a millimeter on either side of the tire between the pinion and the body. I think I am going to try the SC2019 sponge tires.
                              I have another one of these cars that I left SW and it's a beast, so I know these cars are awesome. I wanted to make one an AW to be able to compare the two set ups.
                              I am aware nothing is an exact science with these things but I was expecting something a little more plug and play or less invasive since the parts are made for the cars by SA.
                              UW
                              Last edited by urbanwarrior; 07-08-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X