Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Buy Fein Design Modell Shadow DN4

Greetings,
    I am trying to find previously issued Fein Design Modell kits, especially the Shadow DN4.

JohnnyT
    Grand Rapids, MI. USA

WoW - thank you for enlightening me JohnnyT !!! I never heard of that manufacturer - for slot cars. Fein tools I'm aware of Those are some amazing kits!

Comment

The models are hand crafted and are museum quality but go like stink on the track!

Comment

They have a website http://fein-design-modell.de/
        and they're on that face book thing ..

Comment

The kits from Fein Design can be built by anyone and the website only sells recently released kits. I am looking for some previously issued kits.
          Last edited by JohnnyT; 08-01-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DVD3500 View Post
            The models are hand crafted and are museum quality but go like stink on the track!
            Why is that? The motors aren't that good or they're just too heavy?

Comment

I think he means they run really well - typically they have a precision metal chassis - like a Scholer or Plafit type chassis.

Comment

go like stink = very fast

Comment

DVD3500 must be a fellow Brit

...not though checking his about me
                  Last edited by Kevan; 08-02-2019, 05:27 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Actually I grew up in Tecumseh (tea-Come-see as we say it) Michigan (technically from LaRue (lay-roo as we said) until I was 8 but I consider myself a Michigander.
                    I have lived almost half of my life in the EU so I picked up on Island Speak and forget some things are not well known outside of Ol' Blighty.

My accent is all over the place sometimes but I get mistaken for a Canadian a lot which doesn't bother me. :-)

Comment

I tried to PM JohnyT (the original poster) with a solution but it says he cannot (or will not) receive personal messages...
                      If he could do that I might be able to help him...
                      )or he PMs me...)

Comment

DVD3500... I am interested in hearing what you have to say. I’m new to this site and do not know how to pm you or allow you to pm me.

Comment

Click my name and there is a button "Private Message". Click that and write to me.
                          :-)
                          Michael Niemas who helps design these models only lives an hour away from and I will be in Michigan soon. ... wink wink nudge nudge (another British reference)

Comment

DVD3500... Even though a nod is as good as a wink to a blind man, I have no button for Private Message. I have tried to contact the webmaster regarding PMs but have had no response.
                            Please email me: [email protected]
                            JohnnyT

Comment

Youll have to look overseas as these arent well know here.
                              Id suggest starting with a Google search, and eBay.de and eBay.co.uk (Germany and UK).
                              For further info, search YouTube for Fein Design. There are short videos on various cars and the big annual race weekend they hold for their cars.
                              Also see https://www.niemas-racecars.de for inspiration.
                              When dealing with foreign websites use Chrome as your browser. You get automatic translations.

Comment

Working...
                              X