Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After hearing about problems I did a test.

I wrapped a Scalextric car using shrink wrap and checked it took about 2 weeks before it marred the finish. This never happened before only other issue I had was when I sent cars to Vic Elford for him to sell on his Web Site.

He left the wrap on for over a year, and when he remove it the tampo came off with the film.

So best advise is protect with tissue and also take off any wrap as soon as you receive your cars.

Hope this helps someone.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

with the TLOR proxy cars, i unfortunately noticed that the finish on Greenman's allard has been damaged badly by bubble wrap.

Comment

Scott, I don't think time is entirely the cause. A couple of cars i received recently were only in the mail two days. When I unwrapped them the bubble wrap was sticking to the surface. And I believe temperature also may have contributed to the problem.

I imagine that this is probably compounded on a homemade paint job.

Comment

Hey boopie,

Greenman is aware of the condition, I mentioned it to him when the cars were here and he was not overly worried and seemed to think it would polish out. I think I was more worried than he was!

Rico

Comment

Bill, these are great tips. Too often I have bought cars that barely survived the shipping trip.

Comment

Boxes, boxes, boxes... I seem to sell enough cars from time to time that a better box seemed like a good idea. I went through one of the commercial box suppliers and purchased a supply of 100 boxes with a 4"x4"x7" inner dimension and a 200 LB crush rating. I've been able to fit both 1:32 and 1:24 scale UN-BOXED cars with room to spare. Price per box with shipping (they arrived the next day) is 75 cents per box. I'm rather pleased. And I'm sure those receiving items in them have been as well. Shipping in the US has yet to exceed $5.

Food for thought...

Comment

Kidvoltage,
                What company did you use? Agreed that the box is the first line of defense!

Cheers!
                Paul

Comment

ULine - they have offices across the US and in Canada.

Comment

Another big fan of Uline boxes here!

Comment

I have found crumpled newspaper to work better than packing peanuts, because if used correctly it keeps your item from shifting, were sometimes it can slip between the peanuts and touch the side of the box, which is a BIG no-no

Happy Model Motoring

Comment

Thank for all the information here.

Comment

Great thread, thanks all for the much welcomed information!

Comment

Working...
                          X