Needed (WTB) 1.5mm 9 tooth pinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed (WTB) 1.5mm 9 tooth pinions

Anyone have some 9tooth brass or steel pinions to fit 1.5mm shafts that they are willing to part with?

Thanks in advance,

DW

Good luck.... I need 8-9's..... England/ Europe is about the only place that you may find'em.

Comment

Nope, all the usual suspects on both sides of the Atlantic are out of them at the moment. That's why I'm posting here. Hopefully one of the SCI advertisers has some pull with ScaleAuto to get some more soon.

Originally posted by HarVWallbanger View Post
      Good luck.... I need 8-9's..... England/ Europe is about the only place that you may find'em.

Comment

I think I might, will have to look. . May the bidding begin. . . Ken

Nope, I do have four ten tooth pinions if you want em.

According to what I read on an overseas website Mr.Slot car has them at his European distributors in the 50 pitch.

Look here. http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=5853
        Last edited by mmmoose1; 10-26-2011, 09:46 PM.

Comment

All I could get my hands on was Scaley's plastic/nylon set from Electric Dreams.

But since I am using them on a Dr Vanski low RPM motor, they should work out ok.
          Buster

Comment

I have found that the plastic pinions have less drag than the brass ones and I get better lap times with the plastic pinions. I ran a plastic pinion in the Cincy Slots LSR run and got 37 mph out of an FF motor pushing a 100 gram car. The trick is to use them only once. Ken

Comment

Doug.....

......try Flashbacks Speedway on Hwy 78 in Snellville. It is worth a shot if you can get them locally. They have a bunch of parts on hand and you might just get lucky. They are only open....last time I checked.....on Thursday and Friday evenings, and Sat/Sun during the day. I would take a motor along to make sure of fit.

Happy shopping.

TOJ

Comment

This week I was introduced to ranch-design for some scale wheels; they also carry 8,9,10,12 tooth count 1.5mm pinions. I did not buy any and cannot confirm their diametral pitch.

Comment

Ranch design gears are 64 pitch (both crown and pinion) so will not mesh with most common 1/32 gears which are 50p.

Comment

re: RD gears:

Ranch Design has pretty nice aluminum crown gears too, to go with their pinions.

Comment

you probably already know this, but professor motor has 8 and 11 tooth scaleauto 1.5 pinions in stock.

i think i have some 10t pinions at home, but no 9's.

Comment

You can also get adapter tube to sleeve 2mm bore down to 1.5mm. I know MT Racing Resins has it on their Motors page; probably others too. The M/T Racing website is hard to find - try using a web search for mtracingresins (all one word).

Note to Mark at M/T Racing - get somebody to give you a hand optimizing your site for search engines - it won't take much but as it stands nobody can find it!

cheers
                        Scott

Comment

Pinions

Originally posted by HarVWallbanger View Post
                          Not nessarly so.........go to Professor Motor, I just got the 1.5mm @ 8t and 9t from there, they are a MrSlotCar item p/n MR4108 and MR4109 ......I'm not 100% sure on the pitch tho and I hope they will mesh up with my Scali Ferrari F1 F2004 with a Ninco'yellow' spur gear.......does anyone have an answere on that fit up???...If not I guess I can change out the whole rear end with a matching Slot.it setup!!!!

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
                            ...go to Professor Motor, I just got the 1.5mm @ 8t and 9t from there, they are a MrSlotCar item p/n MR4108 and MR4109 ......I'm not 100% sure on the pitch tho and I hope they will mesh up with my Scali Ferrari F1 F2004 with a Ninco'yellow' spur gear.......does anyone have an answere on that fit up???..
                            Yes .5 modulo is equivalent to 50 pitch (standard for most 1/32 cars)

cheers Scott

Comment

Thanks Guys for all the help. I think I'll give the MRSLOTCARS ones a try.
                              Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
                              Not nessarly so.........go to Professor Motor, I just got the 1.5mm @ 8t and 9t from there, they are a MrSlotCar item p/n MR4108 and MR4109 ......I'm not 100% sure on the pitch tho and I hope they will mesh up with my Scali Ferrari F1 F2004 with a Ninco'yellow' spur gear.......does anyone have an answere on that fit up???...If not I guess I can change out the whole rear end with a matching Slot.it setup!!!!

Dick

Comment

Working...
                              X