Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scalextric (and Others) Vintage Buildings & Accs for Sale

Hi there,

I'm parting out my slot car collection, which includes approx 220 new cars, and some vintage props/accessories...and thought they may be of interest to you folks.

Many of them I collected over the years.....and some I paid a LOT of money for...too much...lol.

Anyway, I thought I'd start by posting the buildings/accs. Here's a link to the pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6922353...in/photostream

Also, if anyone's interested in buying my lot of cars, I'd love to sell them as a group and save trying to list 220 times on ebay I can post pics to anyone interested. They're mostly slot.it, fly, ninco, MSR, Carrera, Scalextric.

Thanks for looking!

Hi, how much (ballpark figure) do you hope to get for all the buildings and accessories, shipped to Canada?

Comment

For your cars why dont you make a complete listing save as an excel file, with a description the make, manufacturer, colour/livery, price, etc and post the cars for sale and anyone interested you send them the file. Just like alan tadd (beejay) did who had 500+ cars for sale. Alot of people here will make multiple car purchases and you will probably sell them very fast or at least cut the number down? Just a thought.
      Chris

Comment

email sent

Comment

Items For sale

Hi Guy....

I would like the Goodyear "Bridge",.....and the Control Tower/crosswalk, if we can agree on a fair price...

Thank you

Dick

Comment

Hello, if you don't make a deal with Wet I'd be interested in the pit row buildings and the assembled Control tower, shipped to Toronto Ontario.

Thank,

Drew

Comment

If things do not work out with the others, I would be very interested in purchasing ALL buildings/structures. These would be shipped to USA. PM me a price!

Steve

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sorta new to the forum world, so I'll apologize in advance for 1) not posting pricing, 2) Not disclosing my location....it's Toronto, Canada...but I can ship anywhere.

Anyway, as for pricing, as mentioned to 1 enquiry already, I'm not really sure what to price them at as the manner in which I obtained them was unique because I had a buddy who was very much into buying these rare buildings so everytime he found something interesting he bought me one as well. In the end there was a bunch of stuff that I accumulated on my "tab" with him (more than these buildings) and I paid him about $1500 for it all. I haven't researched what each is worth individually so I thought whatever offers I got would determine their value. I know he mentioned some of them being quite rare, especially the buildings in French...but I'm no expert.

So I guess all of this explanation is a round-about way of saying "make me a reasonable offer".

Btw, not sure if there's etiquette around posting your e-mail address on this forum, but you can reach me faster by e-mailing me at [email protected]

Thanks all!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by ottawaslotter View Post
                  For your cars why dont you make a complete listing save as an excel file, with a description the make, manufacturer, colour/livery, price, etc and post the cars for sale and anyone interested you send them the file. Just like alan tadd (beejay) did who had 500+ cars for sale. Alot of people here will make multiple car purchases and you will probably sell them very fast or at least cut the number down? Just a thought.
                  Chris

Thanks Ottawaslotter, I'll try to do that! Just need to find the time with a business and 2 kids But I will first post a bunch of "group shots" of the cars....then the excel doc.

Much appreciated!!

Matt

Comment

So I guess all of this explanation is a round-about way of saying "make me a reasonable offer".

Btw, not sure if there's etiquette around posting your e-mail address on this forum, but you can reach me faster by e-mailing me at [email protected]
                    Hi Matt, the general etiquette is for the seller to give first refusal to whoever responded here in some manner (the Thread or a 'Private Message sent' reply) prior to the other interested parties - the Threads and Posts are all chronologically in sequence. A lot of respondents - buyers and sellers - much prefer to see what's going on up front, so keeping the conversation public works best for them of course.

Also, it's not appreciated if anybody offers items here on SCI and also on eBay - this BST Forum was created so that SCI Members could buy, sell, and trade with each other without having to use that medium. In a general sense, we all know each other here.

If you do want to sell all the buildings and accessories as a group to the highest bidder, then I'll start the ball rolling with an (obviously low) offer of $100 if you like, in the expectation that others will immediately outbid me. Your call if you wish to have a public auction here of that nature.

The Excel sheet idea is very good of course for a large amount of items, clever of OttawaSlotter to think of that. I would suggest that if you're going to sell cars also on SCI that you launch a separate BST Thread, to deal with that in this forum in a less complicated manner, just to keep things simple.

Hope this helps. I do have more than a hundred dollars to spend if necessary, incidentally.

Comment

the buildings/accs.

I up the offer to $200.00 USD

Comment

You've got some very rare stuff there, in mint condition too!!! If I wasn't getting out of 1/32 I'd be wanting most of it(already have the Control tower). I hope you do well. Good luck...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the guidance. Learning all of the etiquette the hard way...lol.

And I certainly won't list anything on ebay until I see if anyone on this forum is interested first. Truthfully I'd love the stuff to go to a good home anyway!

Anyway, I was led to believe by several sources that these items should fetch somewhere close to $1000, to the right buyer. Maybe that # is way off, I won't presume to know......but I think for now I'll be considering any offers closer to that mark. However, I reserve the right to come back with my tail between my legs if I'm WAY off

Thanks all!

Comment

listing

Hi Guy

As has been stated before the general etiquette is for the seller to give first refusal to first poster as I was early on "your" list please dis-regard my posting of interest becasuse I donot want to hender your sell in anyway !!! as the going price for your stuff in all fareness will be WAY over what I can or will pay.........thanks none the less.

However having said that I would ( I think ) want to see your car list when it's availiable !!!

Thanks

Dick

Comment

Originally posted by maddick1943 View Post
                              Hi Guy

As has been stated before the general etiquette is for the seller to give first refusal to first poster as I was early on "your" list please dis-regard my posting of interest becasuse I donot want to hender your sell in anyway !!! as the going price for your stuff in all fareness will be WAY over what I can or will pay.........thanks none the less.

However having said that I would ( I think ) want to see your car list when it's availiable !!!

Thanks

Dick
                              As posted by Dick, i want to let SCI members know that i offered $200 but that is way too low of the expected value so i am out of the list . I will be waiting the cars.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X