X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Earthbound; 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: asked and answered

Comment

Offer

I guess that's a matter of opinion and we are all entitled to our own. I've sold dozens of cars here and if someone poses a question about an item, I will at least provide a response before moving on to the next guy. Tom knows that and that's why he posted something to the effect that if Paul passes, I'll take the Artins. It seems that he also expected that you would at least reply to me before selling the item to him. It's a simple courtesy that seems to have been skipped here.

No problem. Just a toy and I'll just spend my money elsewhere. I hope that you do not suffer the same fate in your future purchases.

Paul

Comment

Sorry again. I don't want to have any hard feeleings. To make it up, if you want the Parma controllers, I'll send all 4 25 Ohm controllers to you for $10. That $1 each plus my shipping. Or I'll give you a deal on something else.

Sincerely,
        Brian

Comment

Brian, re the go karts. I sent you a message stating my interest in the gokarts in post #3, you replied back saying you would find out postage in post #7, I replied back in #9 and then in #15 I read after waking up this morning that the Gokarts are sold! How did I not reply back to you?

And my statement of "Am interested in the gokarts" could no way be construed as a question, could it? Did I miss something in translation by looking at my American - Australian dictionary incorrectly?

You Do realise there is a time difference between Sydney Australia and Somewhere USA and whilst you replied back it was 1 am in the morning and I was in bed!!!!!!!
          Last edited by yngwie_70; 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM. Reason: frustrated

Comment

Gosh, I can't really believe this.

Yes to me, "Am interested" is different to me than "I'll take". I am interested in a lot of things, a lot more things than I buy.

I sent you the shipped price, listed shipped price in Post#7, and you said in Post #9 "Thanks" which I took to mean "Thanks (for finding out)" again not "I'll take" or "I'll buy". All I know at that time is that you are interested and now know what it is going to cost to get them to Sydney. I don't know if you want them or not.

3 Hours pass. Somebody else says "I'll take" and they are gone.

Sorry again but I guess I am just not used to this paced type of thing,
            Brian

Comment

When I asked if the karts were available, I too had taken post #9 to mean "Thanks (for finding out)" again not "I'll take" or "I'll buy".
              I asked, because sometimes deals get made by PM and sometimes things don't get marked as sold. Since the seller has their paypal address in the listing, anyone can send payment without posting PM or replying to the thread first.
              Last edited by Earthbound; 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: less is more, more or less

Comment

Can't speak for the go-karts...but yes, I did expect to at least get a response to my question. I will continue to do business as before. Someone asks a question, I'll respond and wait for an answer. If someone else inquires before I hear back from the first guy, I'll take two minutes to send the first guy a pm to let him know someone else is interested and ask if he actually wants the item. It's the only way to be fair...

QC

Comment

Originally posted by blheems View Post
                  Gosh, I can't really believe this.

Yes to me, "Am interested" is different to me than "I'll take". I am interested in a lot of things, a lot more things than I buy.

I sent you the shipped price, listed shipped price in Post#7, and you said in Post #9 "Thanks" which I took to mean "Thanks (for finding out)" again not "I'll take" or "I'll buy". All I know at that time is that you are interested and now know what it is going to cost to get them to Sydney. I don't know if you want them or not.

3 Hours pass. Somebody else says "I'll take" and they are gone.

Sorry again but I guess I am just not used to this paced type of thing,
                  Brian
                  Brian, you edited post #7 at 12:27am. The original post had no shipping info, but said I will try and find the postage price and get back to you. Do you dispute this? And yes, I went to bed as it was 1m in Sydney! My "Thanks Brian" reply was posted at 12:05 am, well before you added the shipping charges.

And with regards "Am interested" is different to me than "I'll take", how can I say yes I will take it before I knew the shipping price?

Earthbound, my Thanks Brian reply was thanks for getting the quote for the price for shipping.

Just as Quickcars has noted, they are only toys but I went to bed fairly confident I was going to buy 5 gokarts (pending shipping) price and woke up with the karts sold! I had no right of reply as I was asleep and expected the shipping to be posted for me to respond to in the morning which I was not given as it was sold.

Anyway, enjoy them Earthbound!
                  Last edited by yngwie_70; 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I agree that is what happened. You said "Thanks" for a pending cost quote, and I took it as for the actual cost quote. I edited that post several times and dont' remember if this was the last edit or not. It could easy be.

I can not track the time of the email I sent you because I sent it through SCI and I don't have a copy of it. I can see that I called UPS at 9:14 (US CST time) for 7 min. and know that one of the next things I did on the computer was send you the cost quote email. I agree (by looking at the times) that you had actually sent the "Thank you" before this but I had not seen it. I agree it was my fault that when I later saw the "Thank you" I did not put the time sequence together correctly.

Like I said I am not used to the rythm of this. All I can say is I tried my best and I appologize for any missunderstanding or inconvenience.

Sincerly,
                    Brian
                    Last edited by blheems; 03-10-2012, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Hi Brian. Yes I received your email at 3:07am so I was well and truly asleep. Never mind Brian. These things can happen.

C'est la vie
                      Last edited by yngwie_70; 03-10-2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X