Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important announcement for Buy/Sell/Trade.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaleracing
    started a topic Important announcement for Buy/Sell/Trade.

Important announcement for Buy/Sell/Trade.

For all Members offering items for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade before you can post you must have in your profile on SCI a real name and location.

I will be checking sales to make sure this update happens, it is important that there is real contact information if you wish to sell, for free, in the SCI Buy/Sell/Trade.

We do not charge anything for this service that reaches a large number of potential Slot Car Buyers, but due to a few problems I can no longer allow people to trade with fake ID's and locations.

I hope everyone can understand this, the information is private, only seen by Admin, but without it I cannot allow trading on SCI anymore.

• Wet Coast Racer
    replied
    Originally posted by fasterslots View Post
    Alan:

Wanted to know how to update the title in a buy/sell/trade listing?
    Hi, you can update/adjust the Title in any Thread that you have launched, simply by selecting the 'Edit' key/button/whatever you want to call it in your first post, then choosing 'Go Advanced'; after that you'll see the window where the change to your Thread Title can be made.

Good question, incidentally; all too often, someone who has launched a Thread in BST will later edit out the previous content, without realizing that others who are interested may have been following things, perhaps with a view to purchase (particularly if the price comes down a bit for the items they're thinking of buying). Yet instead of editing the Thread Title to ADD a note that 'items are sold, thank you', or 'price drop', etc, they delete the content and even edit the Thread Title to ask us moderators to delete the Thread! That's just rude, it doesn't consider those who may have been interested (perhaps waiting until payday before acting) and makes unrealistic expectations of moderators, who work here to move things forward, rather than wiping them out.

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    Click the post to edit then click "go advanced" that will enable you to edit the heading.

Leave a comment:

• fasterslots
    replied
    Alan:

Wanted to know how to update the title in a buy/sell/trade listing?

Leave a comment:

• Scaleracing
    replied
    Please make sure your name is in your profile.

As mentioned above it is required to have your real name listed in your profile.

For those wonderful gentlemen that help moderate this Site please do not approve posts with only initials in the profile I must have the fully name.

I will be checking Sales on SCI from time to time, if your name is not in your profile your sale will be removed. Your Membership will also be suspended till you update your profile.

Please also remember the Buy/Sell/Trade is for private sales only no Dealers, unless they are paid advertisers on SCI.

Leave a comment:

• FamilyRacer
    replied
    Alan,

I totally support this idea. I would like to say that of the various hobby and interest-related boards and communities I've been involved in, the group on SCI is the most honest, civil, helpful and friendly of them all. "Circumstances" have limited my involvement in the slot car community these past couple of years, but I hope to return in full force soon. Miss you guys.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Josh's Dad
    replied
    There is a plug in for Vbulletin called iTrader that allows the members of a forum to rate other members that they have exchanged goods or services. I am an administrator on another forum (not related to slot cars) and we have been using it for over 18 months and are very happy with it.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232044
    Last edited by Josh's Dad; 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• slotbutton
    replied
    When is this rule going to be implemented? Or was the announcement also the date of implementation?

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    Originally posted by ckouba View Post
    +1...
    I was here a while before I realized some of these people were "neighbors" (or close enough). Real names will be nice as well.
    Thanks for supporting this part of the forum Alan.
    Chris
    That was my reason for adding the state, so you can reach out and find people that may be close to you, but maybe they don't want to be found.
    Real names might be a problem, some people might want to be known by their handle. Me? I at least give them the option.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• ckouba
    replied
    Originally posted by dw5555 View Post
    It would be nice if everyone would put their location in the profile. At least a state.
    Dave

+1...

I was here a while before I realized some of these people were "neighbors" (or close enough). Real names will be nice as well.

Thanks for supporting this part of the forum Alan.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Hkyfanatic
    replied
    Alan,

Thank you for adding this requirement. I think it will help. It is also a good help if buyers that get a good and/or fair deal, respond on the thread after receipt, so others can read that the seller is above board.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• frozenice
    replied
    Could we add something like a "good trader reference thread"? And/or a "deals gone South" thread?
    Another board I belong to that trades in much higher dollar items has one of each and it really helps establish a trader's reliability. It also helps slow shippers pick up the pace a bit if they know there will be a public review of their transactions.

Leave a comment:

• munter
    replied
    This is a good idea...there are some excellent people on here but the law of averages says there must be one or two eggs among us. I think I recently found one but I will know for sure in a week or two.

Leave a comment:

• dw5555
    replied
    It would be nice if everyone would put their location in the profile. At least a state.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• dr vanski
    replied
    Thank-you for providing us with a valuable service. It is much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X