This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marketplace on SCI.

There is now a new Buy/Sell Marketplace on SCI.

The current Buy/Sell/Trade will continue till May 31st and will then be locked. No sales will be transferred please start using the new Forum for items you wish to sell.

After several serious problems with sales on SCI last year, and a lot of work we have to do behind the scene to make sure trades are fair and only private sellers, we have decided to re-vamp the Buy/Sell section of SCI.
    In working with the Panjo application we can better server those buying from individuals on the SCI Forum.

For now this will remain a free to SCI Members feature.

Payment works through Paypal so there is a paypal fee.
    If you try to circumvent the Paypal feature you have no security on the transaction. I cannot keep getting involved with buyers and sellers to try to make sure all deals are fair, and legitimate.

The purpose of the Buy/Sell section on SCI is for private Member to sell items they no longer need. It is not a place where we will tolerate Dealers, even covertly, selling goods on the Site for free.

If Dealers wish to sell on SCI they need to become an Advertiser on SCI, and we only take advertising from legitimate Retail Stores with real locations and contact information such as phone, address email.

Any question fire away. Hopefully this make SCI a better place to Buy/Sell those cars and parts you no longer need.
    This will now allow you to leave feedback on sellers, and also with Paypal protection you are way more secure when buying on SCI.

1-253-255-1807
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-11-2014, 11:10 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Oops! Looks like the new one is already up!
    Last edited by TuscoTodd; 05-11-2014, 12:09 PM. Reason: Oops! Looks like the new one is already up! :)

Comment

Nice going Alan!

Comment

Looks good - but when I tried to initiate a listing I got the following error:

Sorry, you do not have the required forum status to list an item for sale.
        Please refer to the SlotCarIllustraterd marketplace rules for more information.

< Back to Marketplace

Is it not open for posting new items to yet - or?

Comment

Hang on.

I'm new here :

Let me check out the settings.
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

LOL!
            Thanks Alan!

Comment

Try again

Try again now
              Alan Smith
              SCI Owner.
              www.scaleracing.com
              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Looks like it is working now as it allows me to the screen to input an item for sale. Will look at posting something for sale later on.
                Thanks for the quick fix!

Comment

Alan, great idea and it will probably save you guys a lot of headaches. Just curious, will it still let people post if they're looking for a particular item or is it strictly a selling thread?

Comment

Everything will now operate out of this section.

The New SCI Buy/Sell is now in place in this forum.
                    When you want to list new items you will be directed to join Panjo before you crate your first listing.
                    Then you can post here as before, and all the new features will be active for you.

Any questions please ask.

1-253-255-1807
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan, I went to list a few items and it seems that you can only list one item per thread?

Comment

Correct one item unless.

You could list an image of say 20 cars, and offer them for sale, as long as the same price. You would then create a sale offering the car (s) for sale and say you have 20 items. Has to be the same price though. As they sell the buyer would create a message saying which car you wanted. You can still have conversation about the listing as normal.
                        Sure it is different, but offer security, where all I could do is hope people wanted to be decent members on my Forum.

The great thing as listing build will be the ability to search sale items from private members, and advertising dealers who want to list items for sale.

For swapping items there is still the swap section, but that is completely on the honor system.
                        I cannot afford to spend all the time I do on SCI chasing ( thankfully only a few ) members to make sure deals go as they should.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Good question not sure.

Originally posted by mickeyslots View Post
                          Alan, great idea and it will probably save you guys a lot of headaches. Just curious, will it still let people post if they're looking for a particular item or is it strictly a selling thread?
                          I am not sure right now
                          OK a little searching and this might work http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...lassifieds.php?

The link should take you to the SCI Panjo home where product is listed in one of three categories.

I think the actual answer is you will be able to search all the SCI for sale listing, but I guess you could post up looking for an item and see if someone wants to post it for sale.

Lets see how it goes, but if this becomes an issue I will check with Panjo.
                          Last edited by Scaleracing; 05-11-2014, 02:52 PM.
                          Alan Smith
                          SCI Owner.
                          www.scaleracing.com
                          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Another advantage to the new system is that it will store images for you in a drag'n'drop format. Once the sale is complete, the images will be deleted.

Comment

Wanted feature could work like this.

As far as I can tell right now there is no way of see all the items offered expect look at all the items shown here.
                              But if you click on this link you will be taken to the SCI Panjo home page where all items are listed.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...lassifieds.php?

Hope this helps.
                              Alan Smith
                              SCI Owner.
                              www.scaleracing.com
                              www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Working...
                              X