This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    I participate in multiple forums where traditional classifieds and the honor system are extremely successful and still going strong.
    Amen, brother! I joined this site partly to use it as a way to liquidate a huge portion of my 50 year collection of HO, but thanks to Panjo (which I can't even access with the browser on my wife's work-supplied computer!) I guess it's off to that dreaded auction site. I was a member for a while before Panjo, I think, and just didn't have the time to list my stuff, moving and work on the new house got in the way. Still can't find everything yet! Wish I had hurried the process along a little!

Brian
    Last edited by xltjet; 10-31-2014, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• I am thinking long and hard about SCI.

With the business load I have now and the fact SCI really costs not earns me a penny I am thinking long and hard about where I turn next.

The Site needs a software overhaul, which I have been quoted aprox $4,000.00 to implement.

I am tired of dealing with the problems created by the Buy/Sell as this costs and is still costing me time which is money, and also time I do not have right now.

SCI could do with help, not hits ( OK I guess SCI is an extension of me ) we are by far the most active Slot Car Web Site, I have resisted offers of money to buy out the Buy/Sell section and turn SCI into Google ad's like other Forums have done.

I cannot keep dealing with this, OK back to work and thinking about what I do next.

I do not want to debate this in a public Forum if you have solutions contact me directly, but I am close to closing down the Buy/Sell for now, seems to be a place where some are selling Store product at well below Retail, a part of this Industry that I want to see survive as shown by the investment in the ScaleRacing Center.

I want this hobby to grow I want SCI to be a part of that growth, I need help not complaints. Solutions not more of the same, there was a serious problem with the old Buy/Sell/Trade and I would spend 100's of hours a month dealing with that. It got to the low point when we found out we were being used to sell stolen goods and a ring had been created to sell goods at ridiculous prices that will tear down this Industry.
      I will not let SCI become that tool, there are other Forms that are more about the Hobby and less about this Industry and Retail Stores surviving, I want SCI to be a place to nurture and grow the hobby, without Store and Manufacturers it will eventually die.

Maybe I will scrap the Buy/Sell altogether except from legitimate Retail Stores with locations that are advertisers here. Plus paid members who list their real name, location and phone number with SCI to help prevent theft.

If you want to help contact me directly not on SCI 1-253-255-1807 or at [email protected]

Now I have to get back to work to keep my Store and Distribution chain alive.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• I appreciate all you and SCI do for the hobby and support your efforts. Don't let the nattering nabobs of negativsim get you down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old23 View Post
          I appreciate your response, Chad. So you folks are still working on fixing the problem? Because my Listing ID: #L14303-157056 still doesn't show in the Buy/Sell Marketplace below.

Old23
          We are working on fixing the problem. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by panjo View Post
            We are working on fixing the problem. Thanks for your patience.
            Thanks for the fix. The car sold within one hour of finally appearing on the SCI Marketplace.

Now... Please do the same magic to my new listing ID: #L14308-158170 - "Fly Z2 - Lola T70 "Chequered Flag" Ltd. Edition - New". It went up on Panjo 3 hours ago and has still not appeared on SCI Marketplace.

I was hoping you had fixed the larger issue when you fixed my previous listing, but so far I guess not.

Old23

Comment

Thanks for the fix. The car sold within one hour of finally appearing on the SCI Marketplace.

Now... Please do the same magic to my new listing ID: #L14308-158170 - "Fly Z2 - Lola T70 "Chequered Flag" Ltd. Edition - New". It went up on Panjo 3 hours ago and has still not appeared on SCI Marketplace.

I was hoping you had fixed the larger issue when you fixed my previous listing, but so far I guess not.

Old23
              I can see it, just by checking on your "Items for Sale", and it has been viewed three times now. This is puzzling. I'm on an iPad.

Comment

• But, weirdly, it hasn't shown up on our SCI Marketplace. Hmmm ...

Comment

• Exactly the problem, Wet. Again. Wish I knew what the problem is.

Old23

Comment

• Hi,

I just want to check in and try to help resolve this issue. Can someone help me understand exactly what is happening a bit better? From my understanding, Old23 has posted an item for sale. While Wet Coast Racer is able to see the listing, Old23 is unable to view it.

We have not seen this issue before and want to try to identify any problem as quickly as possible!

Also, if you have any other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to me here on this thread or directly at [email protected].

Sincerely,
                    Niko @ Panjo Support

Comment

• Hi,

I just want to check in and try to help resolve this issue. Can someone help me understand exactly what is happening a bit better? From my understanding, Old23 has posted an item for sale. While Wet Coast Racer is able to see the listing, Old23 is unable to view it.

We have not seen this issue before and want to try to identify any problem as quickly as possible!

Also, if you have any other questions or feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to me here on this thread or directly at [email protected].

Sincerely,
                      Niko @ Panjo Support

Comment

• Originally posted by panjo View Post
                        Hi,

Sincerely,
                        Niko @ Panjo Support
                        Um. Wrong. Both Wet Coast and I can see the listing directly on Panjo, but neither of us can see it on the SCI Marketplace, as described in my Post #155 above. The same thing happened with my previous listing (as described in Post #146 above) and you were able to correct the problem but, clearly, not the underlying issue that makes it happen. Lot's of other folks are able to create Panjo listings that appear, as intended, on SCI Marketplace, so I'm thinking it must have something to do with my particular software setup (Mac OS X 10.10, Safari 8.0.)? Anyway, we can continue this by PM or e-mail. I will copy this message to [email protected].

Old23

Comment

Um. Wrong. Both Wet Coast and I can see the listing directly on Panjo, but neither of us can see it on the SCI Marketplace, as described in my Post #155 above. The same thing happened with my previous listing (as described in Post #146 above) and you were able to correct the problem but, clearly, not the underlying issue that makes it happen. Lot's of other folks are able to create Panjo listings that appear, as intended, on SCI Marketplace, so I'm thinking it must have something to do with my particular software setup (Mac OS X 10.10, Safari 8.0.)? Anyway, we can continue this by PM or e-mail. I will copy this message to [email protected].

Old23
                          Hello,

We are currently working on your support ticket now. Look out for an email in a few minutes. We are very sorry about this recurring issue and we want to do our best to resolve everything for you!

Sincerely,
                          Niko @ Panjo Support

Comment

• Thank you.

Old23

Comment

• I see it's there now, dated today at 11:41am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                                I see it's there now, dated today at 11:41am.
                                That's 11:41 PST or 14:21 EST.

In the 20 hours the car was visible only on Panjo.com, it attracted 4 views.

In the 2-1/2 hours it has been visible on SCI, 55 interested parties have viewed it.

That's how important the SCI Forum and its active community is to this hobby!

Whether I sell the car or not, at least I know that it has been presented to a significant demographic of potential buyers. That is a very valuable service and it's why I appreciate the SCI Marketplace.

Old23

Comment

Working...
                                X