This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by panjo View Post
    Apologies for the inconvenience, we are currently investigating why they aren't generating for some users and should be releasing a fix as soon as we can. In the meantime, I've manually generated your threads for you:

1) http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=92958

2) http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...ad.php?t=92959

Thank you for your prompt attention, I appreciate it!

Comment

• I just sold a set of cars for $90, but only received $80.88 into my Paypal account from Panjo.... what happened to the other $9.12????

Comment

• I just sold another set of cars for $90, but only received $80.88 into my Paypal account from Panjo.... what happened to the other $9.12???? Are they charging 11% for their "service"?

Comment

• Email from Panjo about the new 11% charge:

Hi Stephen,

For clarity, Panjo powers marketplaces for ~50 communities. Over the last few years, Panjo supported custom fee structures in those marketplaces. Fees ranged from 0%-10%. And $0 listing fee to $6.95 listing fee. The spectrum of fees led to confusion, administrative overhead, and a lack of clarity. We set out to unify the fee structure. For two months (February-March) leading up to the single fee structure, Panjo communicated with our partners and left communication to members up to the partners given that the fees would be moving in different directions for different communities. Panjo did not send an email blast to members about the fees. We left communication up to our partners.

Comment

• Why are my threads being duplicated when I edit them? I tried unselecting 'Post to SCI' and selecting it. Neither change made a difference.

Do I need to ignore the edit 'feature' in Panjo and just edit in SCI?

Comment

• I posted several adds that appear on Panjo but not on SCI. Panjo help?

Comment

• 11% fee means I will no longer be using Panjo.

Bring back the old way of buying and selling on SCI

Comment

• Originally posted by Uglyduck213 View Post
                  I posted several adds that appear on Panjo but not on SCI. Panjo help?
                  If you've already connected your Panjo account to your SCI account, you'll have the option to select the forum category where you'd like your thread to be generated on SCI.

You can also reference this FAQ article.

Comment

• Originally posted by Porsche Racer View Post
                    11% fee means I will no longer be using Panjo.

Bring back the old way of buying and selling on SCI
                    Hi, if you (or anybody) don't like the Panjo conditions, then obviously you'll have to find another venue to buy and sell slot cars 'n stuff; there are many choices such as eBay etc.

The 'old way' of buying and selling on SCI won't be returning, that's all there is to it; forgive me if this seems blunt, but that is how it is and complaining isn't going to change anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                      Hi, if you (or anybody) don't like the Panjo conditions, then obviously you'll have to find another venue to buy and sell slot cars 'n stuff; there are many choices such as eBay etc.

The 'old way' of buying and selling on SCI won't be returning, that's all there is to it; forgive me if this seems blunt, but that is how it is and complaining isn't going to change anything.
                      Done and done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post

Ok, so I have set on this for a while and I feel I need to respond, I donít know how the rest of you feel about this post but it just sits wrong with me.

Wet, your contributions as a moderator here at SCI are well known and very much appreciated but I think you have made a mistake. I can't believe that you meant this response to be inflammatory in any way but I can tell you that from my point of view it certainly came across that way. Telling members of SCI to put up or find somewhere else to go when it comes to using the Buy and Sell section of SCI and Panjo is not really very wise in my opinion. In a time when it seems to be a struggle to create new interest in slotting and the slot car industry is feeling the pinch, having a less than tolerant view of peopleís opinions and ideas here is not going to help things get better. I would think the goal here is to make people feel welcome, not to ostracize them for saying what they think.

In the case of Panjo I also think that it needs to go. I believe that it has single handedly killed the Buy and Sell portion of SCI, first with its quirky functions and limitations and now with its 10% plus seller fees. I personally have a large box of new and used cars that I would love to pass on to other enthusiasts here but once I factor in the shipping, PayPal fees and now Panjoís fees I net less than $30 on a $50 sale. For all the trouble, it takes to list, package and ship a car it hardly seems worth the effort, I might as well just let them rot, and I know for fact that I am not alone in this.

I know that Alan hasnít got the time and he probably doesnít have the desire to monitor and police the Buy and Sell section the way it used to be but there has got to be a better way. I am also aware that the Buy and Sell section is not the main focus of SCI but I believe it should be recognized that it plays an important role on the site. That being said there has to be an alternative way for members buying and selling their stuff here than what Panjo has to offer.

Perhaps having members pay a onetime fee (like Slot Forum) to be a premium member of SCI which would, among other things allow them to sell and buy slot car related stuff freely like they used to. The fee could help fund the continued operation of SCI and members would have the satisfaction of knowing that the money they put into an SCI membership would help support the hobby and not just line some business operatorís pockets who has no interest in it. This new funded buy and sell section could be moderated by a few volunteer members, that as slot car enthusiasts, have a more vested interest in seeing SCI and slotting in general thrive. There would need to be a strict set of rule created around user conduct which would need to be strictly enforced. Things like outing a buyer or seller on the site when a deal goes sour could not be tolerated but details like these could be hammered out. This is just one suggestion, I am sure there are others out there and I welcome discussion on this and any criticisms you may have.

I feel strongly that if we as members came to Alan with a solid plan to fix the Buy and Sell section of SCI Alan would be willing to at least listen.

Comment

• Agree with all of that ^^^

Comment

• Agree with above statement wholeheartedly. The fees to sell here are CRAZY. This site denounces eBay as a hobby shop killer, than pushes members to sell there??

Harry

Comment

• I don't really sell much but I did find and implement the Panjo solution. There weren't any others available that would work with this forum software.

If they have enacted a 10% fee they have probably overstepped their bounds in my opinion. i will discuss this with Alan but I'm guessing we'll have to move to a pay to play mode where sellers will have to be registered.

Let's hear thoughts on how that could progress and be acceptable.

My personal choice is I'd like to see seller's donate one dollar per sale to Alan and the site. That's not much but it would be something.

You have the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by panjo View Post
                                If you've already connected your Panjo account to your SCI account, you'll have the option to select the forum category where you'd like your thread to be generated on SCI.

You can also reference this FAQ article.
                                My Panjo account is linked to SCI. I set the "Marketplace" to SCI and the category to "Slot Car Track and Accessories" for another listing not two weeks ago without issue. I used the same settings 4 days ago for these last listings and they don't appear in the SCI Buy/Sell forum.

The sub categories seem to be unnecessary for the SCI forum since there's only one forum for buying/selling anyway. It appears to only serve the Panjo marketplace.
                                Last edited by Uglyduck213; 01-19-2017, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X