This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with this Panjo deal.

They set it up on Hobbytalk recently also and it has created nothing but headaches.

Everyone tends to circumvent it in the swap/trade area to get around it.

Just what I read heard about it on that site.

I have not used panjo yet.....

Comment

I 2nd what BRP said, I have heard nothing but complaints about Panjo.

Comment

OK I will bite

Why?
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

With this panjo are they getting a piece of the "PayPal" fee or is it split up between sci & panjo or PayPal only.

Comment

Let me be the first to THANK all the dishonest members that screwed up the buy/sell section of SCI for the rest of us.

Comment

Tries to post but that's it having trouble with my post and that someone will investigate the problem

Comment

Standard Paypal fee.

The fee is the fee charged by Paypal, nothing more is taken by Panjo.
                As I said I get nothing from this right now.
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Now how did I do this!
                  Last edited by urbanwarrior; 05-11-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Hopefully this works out as I have no dealings with Panjo. I see absolutely NO reason that part of the fee(s) shouldn't go into this site to assist Alan in funding it. I personally have sold many cars on here and have no problem helping fund the site in a way such as this. I also think it will keep the "volume" and dishonest sellers, you know who you are, from making tons of $$ without kicking some of it back to the site to help fund it.
                    Of course you know there will be those who try to circumvent this new system. This is the day and age of crooks and fraud unfortunately. Just my 2 cents.
                    Good luck.
                    Last edited by urbanwarrior; 05-11-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                      The fee is the fee charged by Paypal, nothing more is taken by Panjo.
                      As I said I get nothing from this right now.
                      Thanks for the clarity.

Comment

I really wish they would have switched to some type of auction site software. Even if SCI just took 1% of the final sale price (1-5% would be reasonable), with as much activity there is in BSt, I would think that would be enough to pay for the site.
                        People who just wanted to sell would still have a buy it now function.

But, either way, I will check out the new sale site.

Comment

It's all good Alan thank you

Comment

Originally posted by jeremycobert View Post
                            I really wish they would have switched to some type of auction site software.
                            But, either way, I will check out the new sale site.
                            You can make an offer so an item does not necessarily sell for the listed price.
                            Or are you wanting the potential upside of a bidding situation?

Also just to clarify this is the New Buy/Sell Site.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

At least this does give the forum administration the ability to activate revenue streams on users that are suspected of using this as a popular selling location for commercial purposes due to the traffic volume.

The costs of running the forum are nominal compared to the lost revenue by providing a for sale service for business operators for free, while you are trying to run your own retail operation - and furthermore, provide support (and generate revenue) from your paid sponsors.

To me, it's far less about security of transactions as it is about the operator not having his invested time, interest and expense making money for someone else.

People will always try to circumvent the process and get something for nothing. It's not hard, or expensive to setup a forum like SCI. What's hard is building the user database and getting traffic to the site.

This is a pretty good forum, and I'm sure it will continue that way. The freeloaders can always put their stuff on craigslist.

Comment

Will Panjo start collecting fees from sellers at some point in time?

Comment

Working...
                                X